Thursday 1 December 2022

Wow - Christmas is coming to town..........tid bits

Last night I finally got into the Christmas spirit watching the Rockefeller Center Christmas show. I have fond memories of taking holidays to New York City and it is my favorite city by far. I know Toronto is a big deal in Canada for better or worse, but it is New York that fills me with excitement. Though I had planned on living and working there one day, I am still here people. Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton is my favorite celebrity couple and I am a sucker for the Voice and watch it faithfully. I don't know what that is going to look like without Shelton. The invitations for Christmas parties and gatherings are arriving at my door but I am very much aware that COVID is still here and not my friend, so I am keeping that to a bare minimum with my social bubble community. I recently turned down a meet and greet and was so happy I did, when the host picked up something and became ill. Call me a sucky baby, but I want to be as healthy as possible. So far, so good. I enjoyed the warm weather where I spent most of my time outdoors. Today I am working and I will also be attending a one hour webinar "Intro Meassurement of Moral Injury." As you know I have more than enough courses under my belt for the year, but I just couldn't help myself when I read how PTSD is known for veterans and burn out for Doctors. That caught my attention because PTSD and burn out are very different. Burn out is something many of us have experienced from over work. PTSD is a physical response to trauma. So, my curiousity was perked. I shall let you know if there is anything of interest to you. I try to get all my work done in December for the year and of course that is not going to happen. But, that is ok, because self care is very important for all of us. I am not going to talk about China and Russia provoking us and begging for war by flying close to our air space. I am surprised that Putin is still alive to cause so much havoc in the world. Now there is starvation in the forecast for so many people suffering poverty. Putin, you are not respected. It is too bad it is not you flying in our space. However, I am not going to talk about that. Tis is the season for sharing, loving each other and doing something for someone else and don't forget ourselves. Christmas is a very difficult time for some people but remember that this is also a time for hope. There has been a lot of suffering in the world but don't forget that there has been so many reaching out to help. What do you think? I have included a photo of Holy Terror. I miss my baby girl. www.silvaredigonda.ca
redigondapsychotherapy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment