Friday 2 December 2022

PTSD and Moral Injury (mental health and military research)

I mentioned yesterday that I would attend a one hour webinar which I did. Dr Anthony Nazarov, Phd, spoke about the latest information regarding Mental Health and Military research results. I found the topic very informative and interesting. Even though this is based on our military and veterans it can apply to anyone who has suffered PTSD and Moral Injury. I will be receiving a copy of the slides and video. I asked if I would be able to share what I receive. I was informed that I could share with anyone who would benefit from it. I think information is very important for people suffering with moral injury and PTSD. I will be reaching out to the Veteran community and CF I know. I will also be sharing this with clients who may have or still are suffering from moral injury or/and PTSD. If anyone of you are reading my blog and feel this one hour video or slides or both may help you please provide me with your email and I shall attach the info for you or forward what I receive. I will receive one education hour for this but no one else would be able to use this as education hours because you were not in attendance. It will take about one or two weeks before I receive this. I have reached out to Dr Nazarov and asked to be kept in the loop with the latest research. I have a special interest in providing therapy for veterans, military, and emergency response persons. I do not provide therapy through Veteran Affairs because I refuse to share any information which is disclosed to me. I have a duty to report if I believe a person is going to commit suicide, the key word is believe. I also have to report any child abuse, or if a client is going to cause harm to someone. Of course if I am subpoened to go to court, I also have to disclose. Otherwise, I will not share even if the client signs a release form (under duress). The reason for this is that trust between a therapist and client is very important. People carry so much and when they realize that information with be shared with their employer or organization who has some control over them with employment or benefits they will not share what may be bothering them the most. They will censor themselves. The therapuetic relationship is very important. Please note that I cannot provide therapy to anyone I know. What do you think? Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment