Wednesday 14 December 2022

It's that time of the year to be sick

I have been so good at removing my mask only when eating outdoors but it is seemingly imposible to sit six feet apart and so there were six of us and now all six of us are sick. I am however getting better even though just a few nights ago I felt my head was going to explode. I tested myself twice for Covid and it was negative. I cannot imagine what it would have been like if I wasn't fully vacinated for Covid and the flu. I am slowly healing and grateful for that. I have had to delay and delay and thoughtful people have arrived bearing Christmas gifts while staying safely on the porch away from me as if I have the plague and righfully so. It does feel like Christmas. I have my lights outside and my beautiful tree inside with a miniature small fire place next to my tv. I have been watching Christmas movies which have become redundant since it is always the same. A rocky relationship and then there is prince charming sometimes literally who arrives and then there is a new location and/or new or ex boyfriend and romance blooms once again. If I was lucky there would actually be a Christmas song. Do I have to write my own Christmas story? Ok, let there be romance but really how about something more substantial. Then there are those really low budgets but they hire one known popular male figure who is getting older but the women are getting younger to the point that they look like their daughters. That's when I change the channel. However, there have been Christmas musical shows that I have enjoyed. I watched the Voice last night and was not surprised by the winner. I agreed with America as they eliminated one by one in the same order as I had in my head. We were on the same page. Being Canadian I can't vote and I understand. I am expecting family when I heal and so need to heal fast since I haven't even started shopping. Wait. I did. I went to Homesense and Walmart before I was struck down. At Homesense I did Christmas shopping but I kept it all for myself. Walmart? I bought two boxes of Italian chocolates and the rest again was for me and Mr Attitude. One box of chocolates I gave out as a gift to someone still unwrapped. I need to do better next year. When you're sick, you're sick. I do feel much better though and may not need the anti-biotics some others are on. Anyhow, that is it for now. Sorry for the delay in writing my blog, but I was dying over here. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment