Tuesday 5 April 2022

Weekend was tiring - War in Ukraine continues to be horrific

I attended a spiritual Ignatius weekend which started at 11:00 and ended at 7:30 Sat and Sunday. I took notes for what I want to share with you but I asked if I could share the video's and info and was informed yes, that it was public. So, I will select what to share when I receive the material. It was tiring but well worth my attendance. It provides me with some pause and a refresher on spirituality. As for Russia, Zelensky continues to show great strength and bravery while Putin's army depict they are not soldiers but executioners of helpless civilians. Our leaders need to make this stop, regardless of Russia's threats. Putin is playing with the West, toying with our intellect and emotions. I cannot believe that this one barely human person can create so much suffering and for what? The world has united in watching and providing some deterrants but we need to do so much more of whatever it takes to remove this man. Yes, to remove. Give the Ukraines whatever they need to stop these horrors. I cannot help but think how this could have been so different from the beginning of attack if we had been more involved. Russia's threats of nuclear war will not cease. It will hang in the air while he is in power. As for the Russian people and his manipulation of them, the young can see through him as can the intellect. He may have a following of older people who want to believe him. That will not sustain him. Russians are leaving and we need to help them as well. We cannot hold one entire country responsible for one poor excuse of a man and his greedy cronies. We must never allow these people to hold their stolen previous status. If this is not a wake up call watching civilians found gagged and shot in the back of the head, than we need to face our own responsiblity in allowing this to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment