Friday 29 April 2022

For Love of Country : Military Policewoman continues https://www.silvaredigonda.ca

...sends his regards and adds that sight of your retirement message brought such a flood of memories of CFB Baden that it would require a publisher to do justice to the anecdotes. Silva is gifted with a supreme self-confidence which, when coupled with her incomparable hauteur… Tom, I thought to myself, you have improved your vocabulary. I’m impressed. Four letter words and antieducation – puff – gone! … has led her down the road to embarrassment many times. Silva, I remember window shopping in Karlsruhe… Oh, yes the prostitutes. I recalled my embarrassment. … diesel fuel in the benzene vehicle, vehicles in the bush, bush in the vehicles, vehicles on dikes, not to mention June bugs in your cup, or the time I had to search your apartment for your notebook and the resulting pseudo-sexual misunderstanding. Nothing was done with anyone’s underwear… I could not remember that one. Just as well, I suppose. Above all, however, I recall the phone call you received from the Commanding Officer of… who wished to complain about someone playing a stereo on the lawn at 0300 hrs. After giving his rank, name, and address the Colonel balked at giving his social insurance number and other particulars as he wanted to go to bed. The last thing he heard before the dial tone was your voice saying, “Sorry, Sir, but we don’t take anonymous phone calls.” You’re exaggerating a bit, Kaufman. He refused to identify himself, and we didn’t know who he was until he complained.
Excerpt From: Silva Redigonda. For love of country : military policewoman

No comments:

Post a Comment