Thursday 14 April 2022

#Fraud Alert - Veterans pay attention.

Last month I received a call from Ms Brennan indicating she was from EKOS research conducting work shops on behalf of Veteran Affairs. I thought it was legitimate since she called me on a private line. I agreed to participate in a video zoom. This all seemed legitimate. She said that 100. would be sent as a stipend which again is not unusual. She said that groups would be selected across Canada which is why I am posting this as an alert. The theme of the workshop was if veterans and families knew what Veteran Affairs offers and if we used the resources. It lasted about an hour and a half on Saturday 19 Mar 25. Again I have attended many zoom meetings and nothing seemed out of sort. Not long afterwards there was an etransfer of 100.00. However, this is where alarm bells were triggered. The site brought me to a list of banks which then brought me to the bank's site where I would have to provide a password etc.....I emailed brennan telling her my concerns and asked her to send a cheque which had been an option. There was no response to the email. Another email was received providing me with a deadline to accept the e transfer. I called Veteran Affairs (Canada) who believed it was a scam and informed me not to proceed. I was told someone would call me back (no one did). So today, I received another email and this time I called my bank after again replying to the person below. The bank informed me that this is a scam and to block them. So, Veterans please pay attention. If you participated in this workshop please be aware. I thank you all for your service. It is unfortunate but I have to believe this is a scam. Please share. All that is required for deposits is your email. Shame on you for targeting veterans. Silva To: EKOS RESEARCH ASSOCIATES INC Subject: Re: INTERAC e-Transfer: Remember to deposit your money from EKOS RESEARCH ASSOCIATES INC by April 23, 2022. No money was received. I am contacting the bank now. I had asked to send it snail mail. You are receiving the emails but not responding which is concerning Ms Brennan. Silva From: EKOS RESEARCH ASSOCIATES INC Sent: April 14, 2022 5:08 AM To: Silva Redigonda Subject: INTERAC e-Transfer: Remember to deposit your money from EKOS RESEARCH ASSOCIATES INC by April 23, 2022. You don't often get email from catch@payments.interac.ca. Learn why this is important INTERAC View in browser | Français ? Hi Silva Redigonda, EKOS RESEARCH ASSOCIATES INC sent you $100.00 (CAD) on March 25, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment