Friday 8 April 2022

Sexuality and Aging - have removed www. site indicated on previous blog due to watching "Veracity: Fighting Traffick

I have been watching a documentary called Veracity: Fighting Traffick, in my spare time and in segments because I find it quite horrid. As I was watching it, they listed a site which they stated are the subject of several law suits due to video's uploaded on their site involving child sexual abuse as young as three years of age. They also show other things that are quite sad. It saddens me that there is such a large audience for this violence. I had no idea when I attended the lecture at Guelph that the site was such involved. So, I have x'd it out in the mentioned blog. Watching this documentary which is set in London, Ontario makes me wonder again what kind of society are we when we don't take enough action to stop this from happening. One survivor reports that professionals such as lawyers, police and physicians were her worse clients. What do I think? I understand that there are professions which can cause an enormous amount of stress. However, taking advantage of women who do not want to be used this way needs to stop. Again, there are many wonderful police, physicians and I am sure lawyers but this is unethical and it can start by losing their careers. When there are arrests men clients should always be charged and if their photos were posted, this would lead to a great decline. Just a thought. I attended a full day seminar of trafficking during my Masters. I also wrote about a lecture in my undergrad. It is important for me to be versed in anything that hurts people so I can understand the situation people may be in when they seek out help. Veracity: Fighting Traffic is about "a group of women who operate outside the system to end one of the most profitable criminal industries worldwide in one of Canada's biggest hotspots: London, Ontario. What can I say? Well enought about this. Tomorrow there is a meetig with one of my associations. I am going to skip the part of how to grow your practise and I am not going to the meet and greet downtown. There is still a pandemic with 100,000 to 110,000 daily cases of COVID each day in Ontario. I did go to the Cheese Factory and left when my server was not wearing her mask after asking for that a second time. I did run into the manager and told him why I was leaving. The place was packed so I don't think he was too concerned. I did go to Holt's for high tea and all was good. However, meeting up with people I really want to meet up with during a pandemic is not what I think is good for me. I have already socialized though I limit it and since the masking restrictions have been lifted, I have had to say no to dancing and move away from people breathing into my face. "Do you smell garlic?" I was asked. "No, it's just that there is a pandemic." I responded. I really didn't smell garlic but my head was as back as my head would allow. Have fun, keep safe, practice self care and talk to you next week. Remember any errors I always claim as my own responsibility and no one else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment