Friday 22 April 2022

For Love of Country - Military Policewoman continues https://www.silvaredigonda.ca

“The Base Security Officer, senior non-commissioned members, and non-commissioned members and staff of CFB Shilo Military Police Section wish to extend best wishes to MCpl Silva Redigonda on the occasion of her retirement after twenty years of loyal and dedicated service in the Canadian Forces and the Security Branch. We wish Silva health and happiness in all her future endeavours. Silva, Baden Soellingen was a more interesting place to work due to your presence and patience with the numerous pranks played on you by us juvenile, but fun-seeking chauvinists. All the best in your new career. Tom Kaufman! I thought. He tormented me in Europe. My mother nudged me timidly. The section had requested the presence of a family member and my mother had volunteered. It seemed appropriate. “Do we have to stay much longer?” she mumbled, trying not to open her mouth. She had bitten hard into a piece of chicken earlier during the meal, only to have her dentures break. I found it amusing, but to her it was a nightmare. She had quickly disappeared into the bathroom to remove the damaged goods. “Yes mother, it’s my retirement party. I have to stay. No one will care if you have teeth or not.” Sgt Tom Kaufman sends… So it wasn’t Kaufman! Who’s in Shilo, I wondered?" Excerpt From: Silva Redigonda. “For love of country : military policewoman. Come to Word On the Street to see me at Queens Park, Toronto, 11 and 12 Jun (Sat&Sun) 22

No comments:

Post a Comment