Monday 27 July 2015

Meal for 1.00 for the poor (with dignity)

If I ever win the lottery, this is one thing that I would like to expand. I didn't even know about it until in grad school, when I dropped off a student who was working there. As I am cleaning up my files and catching up with paper war, I came across the card, called them and was happy to see that they still exist. Lunch or supper for a full meal and I believe dessert is included, costs $1.00. It is the Capuchin Outreach to the poor (my classmate, you guessed it is a Capuchin). It is the St Francis Table, at 1322 Queen Street West in Toronto. So, if you are hungry why not treat yourself for $1.00. It will be closed from 14 Aug to Sep 8, 2015. In Canada there should be no reason why anyone should ever be hungry. For that matter, no one should ever be hungry. Because there is hunger in the world, we are all responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment