Wednesday 29 July 2015

PTSD comments

I suppose you are aware that I am interested in PTSD as it pertains to the military, police and other emergency personnel. Of course I have an interest in all persons but why I like to reach out to emergency personnel, is because I understand the mindset, which reduces the time of trying to understand that portion. If you are suffering from PTSD, know that you do not have to suffer alone. There is help. You are not alone. The worse that one can do is keep all the feelings within. I understand that there is a stigma. I understand that working among people who consider suffering a weakness can be traumatic in itself. Know that as a therapist in a private practice I do not report to your workplace. What is said between therapist and client is kept confidential. The only time I would have to report is if there is harm to a child, a physical threat to another or if I believe you are going to commit suicide. I have to really believe it and what I may do is ask for a contract where you promise me that you will not commit suicide while seeing me. That is the first move towards moving forward to healing. The only other way I have to report is if there is a court order. I do not report to any organization. No one needs to know that you are seeing me. Why not begin to change your life. Take that first step. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment