Thursday 30 July 2015

Complaint about postage to States for Book 2 - Thank you. Plus not wanted at festival in the city of York, Eglinton and Marlee

I received my first complaint and I am pleased. I had a 20.00 surcharge for the States and I reduced it by 10.00. I think I have it right. I do not know if I am on the right track unless I get complaints. So, far I have no complaints from Canadians and one from an American. Please be patient with me while I get this all sorted out. Book Two, For Love of Country Military Policewoman stirs a lot of emotion just by the title (actually my first book did too, come to think about it). As I had mentioned, one woman sneered as she walked by my table where I was signing as she read out the title. They are having a festivity in the City of York which is the old, Toronto 10. I contacted the organizer to see if I could have a spot by email. She wanted to know what my books were about and then I had no more replies. I debated pushing this and decided not to. I like to pick my battles and this will not be one of them. However, I am always interested in human behavior. The more different concepts are between people, the more one is tempted to avoid the other. I consider this bias. You are not like me, you do not think like me therefore stay away please. As a therapist I need to always examine my self. I am always growing and learning from those around me and through education. Even when I think that something completely revolts me, I find that my compassion and empathy over powers the revulsion and that is how I am growing. I understand that many people have a complete hatred for the military and all it stands for. I understand that others have a powerful respect. There are people who hate police. Hate is very powerful and when emotions are stirred I suggest you ask yourself why? Why do I feel this way? Why do I hate this? This all takes work. Recently, I was asked why a person cannot let go their hatred for a person. I cannot simply answer such a complicated question from a casual encounter. However, when one wants revenge, to hurt, to humiliate it is rather difficult to let go. Hate does not magically disappear with a magic wand. It takes more time than a casual remark. However, when people are in charge of anything they need to be able to keep their minds open. When people want to censor books based on titles or anything they hate or dislike, they should keep in mind that perhaps if they cannot be open to everyone in a community it may be time for reflection. It is so easy to look at the other person as the bad guy. So, if my book merely provokes by its title without even knowing its contents, so be it. I have accomplished something. You do not even have to read my book to be completely annoyed with it. However, remember that we do live in a free country and if I wanted to make a thing out of this, I could. You have the choice to buy or not buy but you don't really have a choice to decide who can be banned because you do not like the topic. What do you think? My books are not restricted. Have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy your freedom and read what you consider is a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment