Saturday 6 January 2024

Ordering Flowers? Be careful. I will share what happened to me with Blossom Flowerdelivery so it doesn't happen to you

Well I am still in the Christmas Spirit, even though tomorrow I will be taking down my Christmas tree and placing everything away for another year. I love Christmas, the lights, nativity, Christmas Mass, outdoor lights, the entire Christmas feel. It is a time when I try to catch up with everyone and always get a pleasant greeting from those I haven't seen awhile and don't forget the Christmas cards. Yup, tomorrow, I have to say my bye bye and the eighth, well all goes back to normal. Students go back to school, everything is open once again and well we carry on. Now, I am going to share with you an experience I never thought I would have. I ordered flowers and chocolate for a family member on the same day as her birthday because of course, I forgot the date. My mom used to remind me of all family members birthdays etc....and with her gone, well, what can I say? Mom, I miss you so much. So I found out early morning on the 30th, the day of getting her a gift. I typed out where she lived and www.blossomflowerdelivery.com popped up and I ordered her flowers and chocolate (medium sized). I don't normally tip for flowers but gave them the minimum of 5.00. I usually am a good tipper but not for these type of services. Actually, I won't tip at all in future for flowers to be delivered. In all the cost was $98.22. Today I opened up my credit card bill and was actually charged $133.57. You see they charged me in American dollars. I have to admit, I never expected such incompetence from an American Company. So here goes. Oh by the way they also have a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for failing to deliver and it wasn't me. So here goes: I ordered the flowers at about 0900, on the 30th. I was pleased that they were going to deliver on the same day. Whew! My error in memory loss corrected. At 3pm, I come home from gavalanting around town and I get an email that they won't be able to deliver the flowers. They ran out? They want to ensure it is fresh so when they get fresh, it will be delivered. I am of course furious. You see I had sent a previous email, letting them know that the link which is provided to let me know that the flowers are being prepared, delivered etc....wasn't working. But, I was informed that they were being prepared. Why lie? Now, behold. If when I ordered at 0900 I would have been told that delivery wasn't possible, I of course would not have ordered from them. But, they know that of course and therefore lied to me. So, I finally do a bit of research and phone the number where these flowers originate from and I am happy that it is in California and not from Timbucktoo. I feel that now I will get results. After all they are customer service. I tell them what I think of their lack of service and the complaint I saw (now I should have looked them up before ordering but I did think that it was local - colpa mia). I want to be compensated. I want to get free flowers for myself. No they cannot do that because it would cost them money. What they will do is give me $5.00 in addition to my tip which I wanted back. They were also going to give me a voucher of sorts for $20.00 off in my next order. I told them there will never be another order. When my family member gets the flowers, she doesn't realize they come from me. You see they forgot to put in a card, which I asked them to do and to say Happy Birthday and it is from me. So, I send the "local" person an email indicating that they never added a card. Now I wasn't going to complain, but it wouldn't stop and today learning I was being charged in American dollars, I called my family member. She tells me that the flowers are beautiful and very fresh because they still look good. The chocolate is more than sufficient because she is still eating them, but no, what she received is not worth $133.57. She also provides me with a name of a real local flower shop near her. So this was my experience, that I share with you, so it doesn't happen to you. I am very solution focused. I also like to correct a situation and move on. Even though I initially told Customer Service I was going to complain on my social media, I decided not to and informed such to the "local" when she didn't add a card. I told her, that in the spirit of the holidays I wouldn't. But opening my bill and finding that I paid so much more, well that topped it all. Of course I called California again (oh by the way, if you call, you have to pay for long distance yourself). I tell them what I think of being overcharged and well they let me know that it is somewhere on their website. So, I am informed I will be provided with my tip of 5. back and another 5. for my troubles I suppose. This will never happen to me again I hope. Now, that I have informed you, I hope it doesn't happen to you. Time to move on and enjoy the rest of my day. Now breathe!

No comments:

Post a Comment