Saturday 20 January 2024

For Love of Country - Military Policewoman - Middle East continues For your own signed copy - www.silvaredigonda.ca

I went to Tel Aviv again with one of the Dutch Military policemen. We often worked weekend details. We went to the Israeli police station and one of the policewomen was looking at my uniform with intense interest. She thought I was modeling their new uniform. We entered a room full of policewomen. They were looking at my partner with an intense interest. He was being treated like a piece of meat, and I had to admit it was nice having roles reversed. One of the policewomen told him that she had mirrors over her bed. He did not know how to react and stuck to me like glue. I thought that all men needed to experience this at least once in their careers. Though I found it all quite amusing, I kept an eye on him. The next morning my partner and I went for breakfast. He kept turning around to look at a prostitute. With all the attention from the policewomen the day before, his ego was now flourishing. He kept telling me how the prostitute behind him was looking at him because she liked him. The prostitute finally glared at him, and asked, “What the fuck are you looking at!” I could not help but burst out laughing. My partner turned beet red and never said another word. We finished our breakfast while I casually talked about work and our travels. Because many of the Dutch men had blond hair and blue eyes, they were eye candy to the Middle Eastern women. Whoever I was working with would normally tell the ladies that he and I were married. I always found that amusing, but played along. I understood how demeaning having unwanted attention could be. I was beginning to realize and appreciate that there were not too many differences between men and women. It depended on opportunity and power. The more time I spent away from my home in Canada, the more I appreciated it. We didn’t have wars in our country and it was relatively peaceful. We didn’t need to worry about our clubs being blown up and being searched for explosives. We didn’t have to fear our neighbour blowing us up. Excerpt From: Silva Redigonda. “For love of country : military policewoman.” www.silvaredigonda.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment