Tuesday 8 November 2022

For Love of Country : Military Policewoman www.silvaredigonda.ca

The next evening I returned to the Ranch with Sandy, her sister May, and Sam for a few drinks. Sandy and I had met Sam at the security firm where we worked. Both Sandy and I had previously worked in an office full time. Sandy left to work for a security firm and enjoyed it, so when my boss said his company was not in the position to offer me an increase in salary, I resigned and started to work at the security firm part time: I enjoyed security more than office work. I started to work full time, but though it was fun, I knew it was not sufficient. I had always wanted to travel and be a policewoman. What occupation could offer me both? We decided to go dancing at the Calek Club. It was my first time there, though several of my friends had frequented this venue. “Would you like to dance?” an unfamiliar voice asked from behind me. I accepted willingly. As we danced, his arms tightened around me. “Do you come here often?” he asked. “First time,” I replied. He continued to move his body closer to mine. I was beginning to feel uncomfortable. “You seem to be celebrating,” he whispered into my ear. “We are. I’m joining the Canadian Armed Forces,” I replied proudly. I felt his arms loosening from me. “What are you going to be doing?” he asked cautiously. “I’m going to be a Military Policewoman!” I exclaimed. Excerpt From: Silva Redigonda. “For love of country : military policewoman.”

No comments:

Post a Comment