Friday 25 November 2022

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to my American neighbours and tid bits

Time is flying and it is difficult to find the brakes. I taped the New York Thanksgiving Parade and managed to watch five minutes of it. I want to spend sometime today preparing Christmas cards to give out this year and will be able to watch, if not too distracted. I love the Christmas season and it is definitely the best time of year for celebrations. My own gift to myself this year is to see Harry Potter at the theatre with front row seats. I got an invite to Niagara Falls to watch the Christmas show there but I won't be able to go. There is so much to do in my city but I am still quite aware that COVID is causing our hospitals to overflow and the strain it has on health care workers. The Ontario government has asked our Doctors and Nurses to step up and work more. My advice as a psychotherapist is don't. You are already working at maximum capacity and self care is paramount during this time. This is a systemic problem which has been going on for a very long time before COVID started. Individuals cannot take the burden and I provided you with an earlier blog which provided stats which health care workers had submitted. As for myself, self care is paramount. How can I take care of others if I am to be overwhelmed myself. When my Holy Terror died, I took time to mourn her and have increased my social time since. Mr Attitude is now getting all my attention and he loves that. However, I know he misses her terribly as well. He has no one to swat now. I was going to write at about one of the sessions I have been attending and still need to record as my hours. However, I have a small time frame before I work so I thought I would just share this. I haven't been writing about Putin still hurting the world, or North Korea playing with missles and China being stopped from Canada to spy here and bringing their police forces here and all the other stuff dictators do. We have our own pal, so stay home. I really don't like these guys. I will not buy anything from countries where there is dictatorship. The reason I have sort of stopped writing about them for awhile is because I don't want to add to suffering. People are so overwhelmed by what is happening in the world, that I don't want to add to that. I have so much information to pass on about the seminars and I promise that will soon be my agenda. Enjoy the festivities and be kind to those who need that kindness so much. It is amazing what a smile can do for someone who is feeling so alone. Christmas is difficult for many. Let's be generous if we can and if we can't gestures go a long way. Have a great weekend! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment