Friday 29 May 2015

Doors Open was fun

I wish I had brought my camera. My cell phone just didn't cut it and now I am having problems uploading, but it shall be on my to do list. It started with a tour of a doggy place. They have a training area, a grooming area etc..."Nice view, isn't it? The dogs love it." I looked out at the parking lot with an adjacent building and a few cars. "What view?" I asked. She explained that it was much better than where she came from. It is a beautiful place to train animals but I am afraid that my pets have already trained me and there is no arguement where they are concerned. Next was a tour of a police station. They turned a school into a police station and I wanted to see how they accomplished that. It was totally renovated or mostly so I guess you can turn anything into something you want. Now I just have to keep telling my house that. I got a nice tour of the cells and saw the white board I wanted for my third book chart. I wondered how I could sneak that out of the building but when I saw the jail cell, I changed my mind. They don't have a mattress or pillow or blanket so I have decided to be good for the rest of my life. I did love that building and will keep it in mind as a setting for the "INternet Murders" (which I have had to put on hold because there is never enough time in a day. I am enjoying the outdoors as much as possible and need to re-think my schedule. Self care is a priority. Next was a tour of a miniature train and setting from the 1950's. I love it. At one point I heard the conductor yell out not to touch anything. It looks like a little boy had found his playground and the parents agreed and thought it was ok for the boy to play with the train and old Ontario all put together in scale. The conductor approached the parents in fury and the parents were very calm and non-challant. I have to love my city. I was going to head back to the centre of town when I noticed I was close to the Woodbine Race Track. I have never been there and wondered why not? I had no idea where it was really and I didn't have a map except for the doors open schedule I had found in the Police Station. If I knew how far it was would I have taken my elderly car? Probably not, but I did get there after asking instructions at a garage sale, stopping at an industrial site and stopping at Tim Horton's. There it was further down the road. I always thought Woodbine was in the East part of downtown. It was and then there were two and then there was one. This I learned from the tour. I fell in love as soon as I looked into those big brown eyes. Our gaze stood fast and we were both mesmorized. At least I was. Do you know that movie Secreatet or something like that about a horse who races and the owner is a woman. Well, the son of that beautiful race horse is who I fell in love with. Us love birds had our picture taken together and if I ever get around to it, I will download it somehow from my cheapie phone. There were two tours of the Woodbine, one with a mini bus and walk and the interior with a walking tour. I spent about 3 hours at least there touring around and I would recommend this tour for anyone next year. This was the first year event for open doors. Personally I do not believe in using animals for any sport. The tour guide said that the horses love to race and when I tried to ask my new love who is now retired if that was true, he just looked lovingly at me and did not say a word. It was a long day. It was a beautiful day and it was another day of fun while learning about my city. Eventually, I will post this beauty (not me, the horse) and you will fall in love with him too. Don't forget to slow down and spend some down time that you enjoy doing. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment