Saturday 16 May 2015

silvaredigonda.com No ebooks sold so far - Poor me, literally. Does this work?

I do not have much time today because I really want to go out and play. I am waiting for my first buyer of my ebook so I can see how this works. For you writers out there, please learn from my experiences. I will try to keep you informed since I have been learning the hard knox way. I find people very secretive about how they sell their books. I have been informed that the way things were done and how they are done now has changed. Surprise, surprise! There are less perks etc...... It has been suggested by my dear publisher that I go out and give talks and she mentioned book clubs, I believe and I will try to get that all sorted out eventually. I am really enjoying what I am doing. However, I now understand why I retired twice before actually doing this. While others are out enjoying themselves and travelling as I used to do, I have decided to start not one but two businessess. However, I have always enjoyed what I was doing and it has always been a learning experience. While writing my second book, a neighbour came over who is also a writer. I told him how much I loved doing this and said I wished I could do more. He reminded me that I had that option. I reflected and decided that I also love to help people. So, I decided to do both. I began a practice and I write. Again I have to put my third book down to get things sorted out. I was asked once if I ever got writers block? "No" I responded. I have all the ideas and different avenues that I can take my characters to in my third book. It will give readers an insight to Toronto and what it offers. Free advertising for my city. Of course it is a murder mystery and I do hope that does not discourage any tourists. Now back to my www.silvaredigonda.com. I managed to get my ebook on but am having difficulty getting my photos of my book on. I have not updated my hardcovers photo's yet because I am having technical difficulties (my grey cells). My second book is almost 400 pages so I am trying to find more appropriate packaging for it to try to keep the shipping costs down. I have to also check out the most recent costs for "Hey Guy Buy Me" which is a very little book. I have to go to the post office to see what the latest cost is for international. I have to figure out how to sort out the different costs. To ship out my second book in Canada was about $10.00. I sent something to India and that was a fortune, so I want to ensure that Canada, the States and the rest of the world are as cost effective as possible. Posting the ebook was relatively easy and very cost effective. So, give me a week or two to try to get that all sorted out (maybe three). I still have not completed my photography homework which was to update more pictures that I have taken. So, I do have to get that done before my class and give that a priority since I have missed two class which I thought was no big deal since people are always missing classes. However, I was alone in that thought. So priority is have fun, upload pictures to www.redigondapsychotherapy.com and sort out all the post office costs, most appropriate cost effective packaging and learn how to get my book pictures up. For some reason I am having difficulty uploading photos on that site alone (silvaredigonda.com). I may just have to read all those instructions but I do not have the two weeks to focus on that so I shall play with it a bit longer. So, how do you prioritize? How do you manage your chaotic life? Are you bored? Are you lonely? Are you unhappy? How did you get there? What is your last good memory? What can you do to get yourself where you would like to be? What are your options? There are options, you know - healthy ones. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment