Friday 3 January 2014

New Years Resolution

     The beginning of the year is full of promises and opportunities.  We can discard the previous year and become more motivated for change.  Mine this year is quite simple.  Have more fun.  Work smart and not hard as my favourite grad professor, Ovi Mohammed likes to say.  Of course I felt that being his student was working more hard than smart in my case.
     The power failure we had in Toronto made me aware of how much I do have in my life.  I do not starve, I have a home and I have love.  What more can one ask for?  How many of us want a bigger house, a bigger car, a bigger lifestyle?  How many of us want to reach out to the sky?  Is there anything wrong with that?  I say no, unless it consumes to the point of no return to common good.  Why not spend some time reflecting how last year has been for you?  Were you happy, sad, inspired, devestated?  What motivates you?  What does not?  Are you happy in your present situation?  What can you do to start changing this year to make your life a bit better, more peaceful, more rewarding?  Sometimes one small step is all that is needed, before you take the next small step.  Why not draw up a list and take a look at the good things in your life.  Do you have enough to eat?  Do you have enough to drink?  Is there anything you can do to make your life healthier?  What is it that you can change this year?  Take a look at the mirror.  Do you like what you see?  Why or why not?

     Take a look at your partner.  What can you do, to enhance your relationship?  What can you do to ignite lost passion?  What can you do for your partner?  What do you get back from your partner?  Is there a balance in the relationship?  Why not?  What can you do about that?

     Life is a precious moment!  What can you do this year to recognize that?  I wish you a happy new year.  I wish you a peaceful New Year.  I wish…………………………

No comments:

Post a Comment