Tuesday 24 December 2013

My power is back on. Michigan and Manitoba is coming to help us.

      Last night my cable and phone came back on.  There is still much of my city powerless.  I was able to watch the news and recharge my computer and phone.  I watched the news and smiled at the acts of kindness these conditions bring.  People are worried about their sick neighbours and the elderly.  People are trying to be patient but concerned.  People are coming together, helping each other.  I kind of enjoyed not having a phone for a bit.  I am not much of a talker on the phone and would rather meet up with a person if it extends two minutes of discussion.
     They have stations throughout the city to help with people who still have no heat.  They also have food for them.  I think that is very nice and it demonstrates that our city is prepared for emergencies.  We also have crews coming from Manitoba and the good USA Michigan coming to help us restore power to the rest of the people in Toronto.  I am feeling more confident that I can retain my heat.  I have learned from this.  As soon as I pay off all tuition and other expenses that have accumilated because of my education, professional etc…….. I will get myself a fireplace where I do not need power to start it and keep it going.   They have a name for that in psychology but I cannot recall it at this moment.  I will eventually go through all my notes and place them on my blog before discarding them all.  This power failure has kept me grounded.  I read half a book yesterday and watched a CD.  I am really resting though there is an element of stress wondering how much longer I will be warm.  Today I am feeling more confident knowing that help is coming to our city.  Our American neighbours and ourselves help each other consistently.  That is what neighbours should do.  How many countries can brag about that?  Well today I am bragging.  I appreciate that people are giving up their holidays to help others, even in a different country.   Soon the rest of our city should be up and running.

     Because of this storm, I started my holidays a bit earlier and took the time to just sit and read in warm clothing and not even thinking about going outside.  Now I will deliver the rest of my Gifts and prepare for Christmas.  I will visit those I need to visit.  My family will be warm.

    Merry Christmas.  Thank you USA for helping us.  Thank you Manitoba for helping us.  Thank you Ottawa for helping us.  Thank you for reminding us what Christmas is all about.  It is about reaching out to others with acts of kindness.  It is about the affairs of the heart and soul.

                                                    Merry Christmas!  

No comments:

Post a Comment