Monday 19 November 2012

Got together with peers privately

When I studied Educational Psychology, the concern was to revamp the educational system because the benefits of working as a team was more beneficial than working to beat the other guy to the top.  But that was what our society consisted of.  We learn to compete in our early years.  Who is the best?  Who deserves something more than the other, because he is better?  What do we get?  We get people who will do anything to climb the ladder to success and take anyone out who gets in the way (figuratively speaking).  It does not work and I didn't need that course to learn that.  I lived most of my life as part of a team and I realized from an early age the benefits of groups.  Corporations need people who can work together to be more productive. 
     Saturday I hosted a gathering for previous classmates.  We got together and shared resources, brainstormed and had a great time reuniting.  Moving ahead in great company is always a happy alternative.
What do you think?

      

No comments:

Post a Comment