Thursday 8 November 2012

Another Seminar with CASC nee CAPPE

     This week has been a week of seminars and catching up again with people who I actually miss because we spent so much time in close proximity during our training.  I enjoy belonging to more than one organization especially when it comes to what is best for the client.  Yesterday morning's seminar was mostly about self care which I almost skipped because I feel the topic has become exhaustive but I am glad that I did not.  The speaker also teaches ethics and it was wonderful listening to her perspectives.  She also provided hand outs which I find important for clients.  

     Self care is important to any provider and sometimes the signs of missing the mark may be dismissed or not noticed.  I encourage self care to all people.  I believe that balance is the key.  You need a balance of work and play and satisfying relationships.   The afternoon after a wonderful lunch was spent on administration and talk about the college of psychotherapy again.  I heard it from a chaplain's /spiritual care perspective. 

    The whole seminar was invigorating and I decided that I had a lot on my plate and will post pone painting til the spring when I can open up the windows.  Friends and family will have to put up with my lack of artistic ability on my walls for another couple of semesters.  My pets are colour blind so all they care about is love, affection, food and a warm place to sleep away their time.  Most of us will be happy that we don't breathe in the fumes of paint.

    What have you got on your plate?  Do you have too much?  What can you decrease in your work life and increase in your relationships?  What do you really enjoy doing?  What do you do for yourself?  How do you manage stress?  How do you regain normalcy after a disaster in your life?    Have you started your journal yet?  Why not start today?  Why not write how you feel each morning or each night?  Talk out your emotions?  Do you have anyone you can trust to talk about anything to?   What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment