Sunday 25 November 2012

My web site is up and running.....Finally! Made in China, you say? But I want to buy from here!

You may find me at redigondapsychotherapy.com.  What a chore doing your own web site.  I have two more nights of class.  Or is it one more?  I am afraid to put anything more on it or to change it.  I was having problems uploading and everything would disappear.  My instructor said that I don't give myself credit.  I say I am aware of my capabilities of making everything disappear like a magician.  Tomorrow, I will give myself some time to work on the product part, but I don't think I will use it.  I have only one book to sell and it is not really the type of book to sell on that site.  This is where I play with ideas, etc....Maybe the site I shall keep strictly for psychotherapy. 

     Yesterday I went to Niagara Falls and watched a Christmas show.  I love Niagara Falls.  I even bought a pair of boots I badly needed and I found a pair made in Canada.  Though I found the heel a tad too high for my walks, it was Hush Puppies and the Canadian Flag sold me.  Even the salesman was surprised that they were made in Canada.  Every other store in what they say is their largest strip mall had only "Made in China" products.  Or at least it did for everything I examined.  That is why I never bought the warm slippers.   "How do you feel about made in the U.S.A?"  I was asked.  "Yes!"  I responded.  But they did not have anything not made in China.  The clerk was just interested in knowing my biases.  I like to buy American and Canadian products because first they employ our own people.  Second, the quality is far superior in my opinion.  The salesman from India who sold me the boots informed me that he believed products made in Canada are superior to China.  His eyes actually popped, when I told him that the boots I wanted were made in Canada.  He thought I had made a mistake.  My concern is also safety.    I know that in North America we have certain standards.  We don't intentionally try to use products that may harm us and when they do, we have the press to keep a tab on that.  I love watching "Market Place" always trying to uncover one scam or another.  I tried not to buy anything made outside of North America for one entire month last year.  That month I did not buy anything.  Of course, I need to wear clothes so I had to eventually break down and buy from China and other places where people are probably exploited in the process.  Oh well, I did my tiny bit.  I proudly walked with my new expensive boots (by my standards) which I needed so badly and will probably last me for longer than one month.  One salesperson told me how she shopped in the States and her husband found a lovely well made item.  On closer examination, she found the tag that indicated it was made in Canada.  We had a good laugh. 
      Oh politics!  I had a great day in Niagara Falls and the light show was nice.  The Christmas Show was also great, though much too short for me.  But then, my whole life is breezing by.  Now, time for the out door lights because this morning it snowed a bit, to just keep me in that mood.  And yes, it is not the "holiday"  mood, but CHRISTMAS!!!!  Now back to my web site.  Oh boy........... What do you think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment