Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 May 2024

Wonderful weekend and a meal at Hogan's Restaurant is the best - Wonderful Weekend .......almost

I don't often critique restaurants but I had the best meal in a year at Hogan's Restaurant. It's located at 12998 Keele Street, King City. L7B 1H8. Just outside Toronto. It is a bit far for me, but well worth the trip if you are in the area. It all melted in my mouth. I had the mushroom, feta salad and the Rissoto/mushroom - mama mia! And for dessert I had Tira Mi Su, which I am probably spelling incorrectly but it's my blog. This was a bridal shower I was invited to and I have been informed to wait til I taste the food at the wedding (at a different location in Aurora). I have to admit I did eat too much and could have taken half home easily but my taste buds said no way hosay - Eat now! All of it. I am still weighted down. We are having a mini heat wave in Toronto. I put on the air conditioner for Mr Attitude since yesterday. The fireworks scared him, it being Victoria Day in Toronto. Of course there were people throwing fireworks at cars and pedestrians downtown. Too bad. I used to really like seeing the fireworks before it became so crowded. Of course the news bashed the police for not doing anything but when they do, they get bashed for doing something. - Can't win. We need professional reporting but corporations are taking over!!!!!! I had a wonderful time at the shower talking to an old neighbour from where I grew up in Toronto. She will be 103 years old in August. She is such a kind soul and still able to take care of herself. She made a comment to me about how things have changed so much. You think? I am glad I am not the only one concerned about changes to my beautiful town. I did have a great weekend which was altered quickly when a good friend of mine came to visit me to tell me she has cancer. You know that feeling when you get bad news and want to cry but don't because it is not about you? I am offering a perpetual mass for her and place my prayers with God to help her through this ordeal. I will ask you to say a prayer for her too if you don't mind. On the light side I watched and agreed with America's choice for the winner of Idol. I shall miss Katy Perry. I am hoping she returns. As for the Voice, I am crossing my fingers for Asher HaVon. His voice is amazing. The arts is so important. We need it. As for Books, I have been reading Stuart Woods, the Stone Barringon series. The first book I read had a bit of sex in it, but the rest is a bit more explicit. I don't use sex in my books. I did look him up on utube and he was a funny guy. Unfortunately he died recently. As for my books, I will be the waterfront with the Crime Writers of Canada 8 Jun 24. I do hope you come and visit me. You may also find my books on my web site. Just type out my name. https://silvaredigonda.ca Talk soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment