Thursday 19 October 2023

International Conference on Men and Abuse

I enjoyed the conference. Today I will be sharing about the first speaker, Dr Benjamin Roebuck, Federal Ombudsperson for Victims of Crime, Government of Canada. He stated he has also worked as advisor to the Canadian Armed Forces. He reported that for men violence is often silence and they don’t know where to go for help. Men are worthy of safety too. He provided a case: A man had bought a revolver but decided to get rid of it and informed police because he suspected his wife would accuse him of using the revolver against her. Two years later, she was beating him with a bat in front of their children. Police were called and she said that he had aimed a registered gun at her, which he no longer had. Next week, I shall be very busy. I have selected my lectures to attend in the three day conference with the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy. Some were very difficult choices because there were more than one, I was interested in attending, during the same time. I am mostly conflicted about Past Betrayals and how it lingers and effects relationships in the future. The other is Mothers who are jealous of their daughters. Such a difficult choice. What should I choose? I also have to see clients on my free days so I may not be able to write here. Just saying. I have enough material from here to Christmas on just these two conferences and yet there is so much more. So have a good week. Feel free to ask questions any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment