Wednesday 11 October 2023

Catching up, sick, work and Conferences and the news is depressing of course.

Of course I got sick. However, I feel better every day. I cancelled my live attendance at the Men's Conference tomorrow and Friday but will attend via webinar. I was hoping to attend in person and socialize but it appears I must skip this year. I am also missing out going to St Jacobs, but what the heck. If sick, stay home is my motto. I haven't been to the gym either and I have been binge watching on my days off. Of course I am still working but taking it slow. I am so fortunate that all my work can be done on line. Toronto went from warm temperatures where air conditioning was needed to brrrrr cold where my heat is on in a week. I know that as a Canadian I can go South for six months to the USA and that may be a consideration once Mr Attitude rests in peace. However, he is still verbally active to a point where he appears human and belligerent. However, at 100 years in animal years, he is mine for life as all my pets have been. Actually, he thinks I am his pet and lets me know when he is pissed. It has also been hard watching the news of what is happening in the Middle East and I could not help but cry when I learned what Hamas has done to babies. It is so unfortunate that innocent people on both sides will die during this war. What was also difficult was watching protests happening in my city which is so disrespectful. I even sent an email to our Mayor indicating that unsanctioned protests that take over our city streets should have hefty fines and billed for the services of the police and any other costs incurred. She did ask for anyone who had ideas to let her know. You see we have a deficit and need to find money. I have been thinking of my own time in the Middle East. So what I shall be doing as I post pages of my book, For Love of Country Military Policewome is skip my order in the chapters and move to the Chapter of the Middle East. Writing this book was writing my biography. I had to be careful writing this book and not write anything that I shouldn't be writing. I don't want to face jail time for leaking anything I shouldn't. My Chief assured me I was safe. Since publishing this book, every once in a while someone I served with contacts me to tell me he agrees with what I wrote and memories are stirred for that person. At book sales Jewish men normally come to buy a copy when they see it. One woman not in the military told me she cried reading my book. Of course there are always those who hate the military. One woman actually hissed at me (where was Mr Attitude and Holy Terror?). Another woman told me that women should give life and not kill - Wow. What I believe is that we need a strong military to ensure and maintain democracy. We are being faced with so many challenges. I remember reading about a Soviet Defector many years ago. He had come to Canada and eventually went to the States. What he said that unless a person has a knife against his throat he (or she)does not acknowledge or see a threat. I resonated with that phrase at the time and see it more in action today with the threat of the consequences of global warming, COVID and other diseases, and acts and attempted take overs of countries. The sad part is also that civilians are killed more now than ever before as our weapons become more sophisticated. Can you imagine walking around with so much hate? We need to have a wakeup call and not wait until a knife is at our throat to see the dangers. We cannot be oblivious of it. Anyhow, this is all I am going to write about regarding wars and terrorists for awhile. For now take care of yourselves where ever you may live. I will write about what I glean from the conference. I had already planned what sessions to attend if I was attending in person and have no idea how it is going to work virtually. As for you, try to find balance in your life. If you are grieving, allow yourself to do so. Each person has their own way of grieving and if that person comes to you, allow them to grieve their way. LIsten to them and don''t feel you need to advise them or contradict them. Sometimes all a person needs is a person they can trust to confide in. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment