Wednesday 11 October 2023

An email from Dr Bennet, Minister in my riding to her constituents - Contact numbers for Canadians in Israel

Dear Silva, Today I am reaching out to you to affirm and declare that we unequivocally stand with Israel and condemn the terrorist actions committed by Hamas over the weekend. Now is the time to stand with Israel and affirm its right to defend its sovereignty, its security and its people. My heart and thoughts are with all Israeli people at this time. We are appalled at the rallies that are happening to celebrate and justify the murder and horrific attacks on innocent civilians by Hamas terrorists. The Palestinian people deserve better. The terrorism must stop, the violence is absolutely unacceptable. As a little girl, I remember singing Shalom Chaverim. I knew it was about wishing friends peace. Until my first trip to Israel in 1998, I think I took living in peace for granted. I chaired the Canada-Israel Parliamentary Friendship Group for five years. I have been to Israel eight times. I led a delegation of Parliamentarians during the 2nd Intifada, I was part of the MPs in the summer of 2014 during the Gaza war. From the bomb shelters in schools, the iron dome, to all young people doing military service, the threat of attacks and violence was always palpable. On Monday evening in Mel Lastman Square, I stood in solidary together with my fellow MPs in the moving vigil for Israel Expressions, with prayers & singing Hatikvah led by Rabbi Splansky of Holy Blossom Temple. It moved us all. This recent attack on Israel reinforces the need to support Israel’s ability to defend its borders and the necessity of addressing the terrorism of Hamas and its risk to the region and the world. Shalom Chaverim My heart is with everyone affected by the horrific attacks. Carolyn   Canadian officials in Ottawa and in our missions in Tel Aviv and Ramallah are working around the clock to provide emergency consular assistance to Canadians in these difficult times. For emergency consular assistance, Canadians can contact Global Affairs Canada’s 24/7 Emergency Watch and Response Centre: By calling +1 613-996-8885  By text message at +1 613-686-3658  Via WhatsApp at +1 613-909-8881  Via Telegram at Canada Emergency Abroad Via Signal at +1 613-909-8087 By e-mail at sos@international.gc.ca A message from the PM Our Prime Minister has made it very clear - Canada stands with Israel, and we unequivocally condemn Hamas' attack. To read his full statement visit: https://www.pm.gc.ca/en/news/statements/2023/10/08/statement-prime-minister-trudeau-attacks-against-israel or watch the videos below.

No comments:

Post a Comment