Search This Blog

Monday 3 June 2024

Waging Peace During Family Break Up by H. Nabert, Fathers Resources Inc., Canada From the Men’s Conference web site is www.Fathers-Resources.com

Director is Heidi Nabert, Fathers Resources International. The speaker indicated that many families don’t get married. Waging wars equals finance hardship for the entire family. There is emotional turmoil for the entire family. It hurts the child’s self esteem. She experienced this too. - Dad goes to jail. She provided her own story. Thirty-five years ago when she was married to husband number 1, her lawyer asked why she was leaving him. The reason she told him was that he didn’t want children. How the lawyer responded was to tell her to call the police and say that he hit her. Then she would have grounds for divorce and money. Waging war causes stress which can lead to health issues. One had a heart attack and another died from cancer. Waging peace minimizes child’s guilt. An example: Child is a five year old girl. Parents are fighting and split up. Dad never returned and mom was in a mental institution for six months. She blamed herself. Her mom had told her to tell people her dad had died. Difference between the 1960’s and now? About half of classes now divorce - so have peer support. The focus is on the child’s need. The child loves both parents. Don’t make the child choose sides because you’re angry. Help your child create a card or bake cookies for mother’s day. Help the child choose a gift for the ex’s birthday. Mother says to four year old child, “You can’t love dad here.” Dad states, “That’s ok- in this house you can love everyone.” One client refused to attend their child’s church event until he understood that he would hurt his child by not attending. The Host would call the client every night and ask if he was a coward or a hero. He did go to the event and he reported to her,” You wouldn’t believe how pissed my ex was.” They were in two different cities. This should be the end of the Men’s Conference. There was another lecture to be given by the University of Israel, but this event began the day after Hamas attack and so of course the university did not attend though notes were graciously provided to the Host. I may find some more notes and if so, will share. Again, I won’t be able to attend this year because I shall be at Toronto’s Word on the Street for a two day event selling my books. Rather having it in the summer, they are having it in the fall. This Saturday I will be at the Crime Author’s Event at the Harbour Front and am looking forward to it. As for my practice, I am now seeing clients in person or on line (your choice). Thank you. Should you want to buy a book of mine, I am willing to mail them to any place in the world. Just provide me with your address and I shall let you know how much it would cost you. I realize that my blog is read world wide and because of that I would ask you to send me payment in Canadian Dollars and I will provide you with a receipt. If you would like to make an appointment for therapy I am licensed for Ontario only as are other Registered Therapists in Ontario. I provide priority with times and days except Sunday to all emergency response persons. I am also providing the same priority to the Jewish Community since there has been such a drastic rise of hate directed towards the community never faced before in Toronto. I will provide another reminder for my book signing event this Saturday. It is my opportunity to meet all book lovers and fans of crime and talk. Please feel free to approach me. I do love all people. This week I was blessed by a Sikh at random. What a delight. I can sure use blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment