Search This Blog

Friday 14 June 2024

tid bits for you

I was at Stratford this week and as the time before, it is a wonderful place to be at. I recommend it. Great food, great plays and wonderful shops to browse or buy. If you haven't been there, please go. Now for some serious stuff. UNICEF reports that 30 million women and girls most of them African, have undergone genital mutilation since 2016. This deprives women of sexual pleasure. On a more positive note: The World Wildlife Foundation which I read on CSA news, reports that about five per cent of animal species and 90 percent of birds mate for life with the same partners. Some are: Canada Geese, Bald Eagles, Barn owls, Swans, Vultures, Gray wolves, Atlantic Pufins, Coyotes, Seahorses, beavers, Prairie Wolves, Red Foxes and of course Turtledoves among others. CSA also reported that with 50% of the Canadian population having a post secondary education, Canada is ranked the most educated country in the world. Canada produces 80% of the world's supply of maple syrup. I love our syrup which is a staple in my home. Canada is the number one doughnut consumer in the world (yup. I have contributed to that). The snow blower was invented by Canadian Arthur Sicard in 1927 - you are welcome people. There is more of course, but that is enough bragging for today. I wish you all a wonderful weekend. Don't hesitate to order one of my books at https://silvaredigonda.ca I am also at redigondapsychotherapy.com Good talk....

No comments:

Post a Comment