Thursday 30 March 2023

Writers Corner First Official corner from me to you people, all over the world. Each corner of it.

Ok, this will be my official Start of my Writer’s Corner. How many hats must I wear? Well, for now I am blogging my notes from my schooling in psychology, theology and notes from conferences. Now I am also beginning my Writers Corner. I belong to the Sisters in Crime here in Toronto and the States. I am also with Canadian Crime Writers. I have attended their meetings when I can and it is of interest. So, I shall be sharing their stuff for you as well. Here I will be speaking to people who love books, want to write and want to sell their own books. I am trying to balance my life more so I can practice what I preach. As you know I have written three books and now Ominous is completed with a short start to two others. This year I decided not to have my own booth at Word on the Street because it was simply too expensive. I also have to get a smart phone just to park at my old school grounds at the University of Toronto. Unfortunately my phone is not smart. I would hesitate to say he is stupid. He has served me well. He is loyal to me but unfortunately my loyalty as limitations in the world we live in. Just to go to York University to park I will also need a smart phone. Why can’t we just be flexible? I have never been one to keep up with the Jones. My car is on its’ last legs and I was forbidden by my car mechanic to drive it out of the city. I am forever hoping that they don’t ground it, like they did my last car. Having a nice car doesn’t work in Toronto because they (the bad guys) steal them. They just caught four so that was nice. Anyhow, back to my corner. I attended a Sisters talk by Zoom in Northern California. The sister spoke of zoom bombs which are fake emails and people. Oh, boy. One of our sisters said that when an Author’s book came out six years ago she didn’t know what to do. I am not identifying the sister because I don’t know if it is ok to share this story, so if you don’t know who the sister is then it should be ok. Now, one thing you should know is though we are called Sisters in Crime, men like it too, so they are members as well. Now Rule of 7 book promotion is - Getting your name out there. So, here I am trying to get my rule 7 of getting my name out there. I am Silva Redigonda and my books may be bought at www.silvaredigonda.ca . What is Rule 1 - 6? No clue. There may be no 1-6 rule because you see my American sister said a person needs to see it 7 times before buying it. Ok, that is all from that talk right now. If you wrote a book remember you must sound like a parrot and people need to see it 7 times before buying. So, now you can forgive me. I hope, for my little paragraphs here and there about each book works for you. That is all for today. I want you to remember the Rule of 7 book promotion. I rest my case. What do you think? Please be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment