Wednesday 8 March 2023

Weekly thoughts

I have attached an English paper and a proposal I once submitted successfully. I am still going through my paperwork carefully before discarding anything that may be useful to you. I attended an interesting talk from a professor at York University regarding books and am going to wait until the video is out and place it here for you. I attended another at York regarding body weight which was very interesting. I haven't sent my next book out to many publishers. I have received offers, but none that I am happy with. The professor said that authors are becoming more savy regarding offers (too bad we have to be). He also mentioned Stephen King complaining that offers are low/insufficient to make a living (which I mentioned to you). You should be able to see that one on line. I just mailed out a book yesterday to Eastern Canada and I was surprised that the book transport would be costing more than the book. I will incur some of that cost. Again Corporations want the money and hate sharing properly though they do not do anything creative themselves. Remember what I told you about the farmers? I did do my income tax but am still in the lookout for a learned accountant. I had a really nice guy doing it but he consistenly had to ask questions to someone senior which was disappointing because I knew the answers. I am not going to bang my head. The year has gone much too fast. Anyhow that is it for now. Take care and have a wonderful weekend. If you are interested in buying any of my books check out www.silvaredigonda.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment