Wednesday 2 December 2020

The pandemic, virtual practice education and what do you think?

Time is just flying. I completed one hour with the CRPO regarding How to Expect the Unexpected in on line practice. This is becoming old hat for me since my entire practice has moved on line with a few exceptions, preferring in person is not one of them, during this second wave. I make exceptions for emergency response persons, domestic abuse etc…..At the beginning it was a mad dash to learn everything about this pandemic and on line therapy. I have opened myself to provide help to those living in remote areas etc…..So, though I shall continue to accept invites for tele-health or other terms for on line therapy, it is not with the same starvation. I can dwindle what I think may be repetitive. One thing not mentioned today but was mentioned with the AAMFT conference was to be mindful of spyware from the perps on the computers of their victims/survivors. I do want to mention a few things from an hour talk on 29 Sep 20, York Circle COVID 19 and the Environment, Behaviour Policy Implications for Sustainability. The talk was from Dr Mark Winfield, Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change. Does anyone actually think of benefits from COVID? Dr Winfield stated that there has been a 15% to 20% global reduction of emissions, air quality improvements. There is a vulnerability of global supply chains - no domestic availability. We did have manufacturing abilities. Gov’t responses - two discoveries - a return to normal vs building back better. Exodus from urban core to suburbs and exurbia. Is this temporary or a long term trend? There was an 80% reduction of TTC (I haven’t taken the TTC during the pandemic even though my car is dying). Regarding the European union - moving investments into climate change. This was an opportunity to move forward in this pandemic. There was a dismantling of any protection by this provincial government for the environment here which was put in place during 1975 - all dismantled. I found this so disappointing. Remember when I wrote that global warming is more abstract than this pandemic? Keep that in mind. I am so looking forward to the vaccine. I am not a recluse but have been living like one trying to protect mine and me. I would like you to take a moment and think about how the Pandemic has changed you? Have you been reflecting about things that you disregarded before? Have you changed because of it? I want to wish you my best. Take care and if you want to read one of my fluff books you can order at http://www.silvaredigonda.ca Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment