Wednesday 30 December 2020

It is wonderful being on holidays - Even if it means staying home- Pandemic vacation - Keep safe - Stay home

I hope you are following the health guidelines and staying home. This has been very different for us all over the world. I am enjoying my first Christmas holiday in a long time at home. I am enjoying my own company with brief distance drop off's from neighbours with gifts. Sometimes I hear the exterior door open and a brief discussion arise. Needless to say I have a lot of security in my home which keeps clients and me safe. There is video, a panic alarm, fire alarm and intrusion alarm. Love our tech. For Christmas I was introduced to Alexa and I must admit it has become my favourite Christmas gift. I love technology. Now if I can only get her to clean up the house and cook, but it will all come eventually. I am enjoying this downtime. Anything having to do with therapy is off the board. All is fun and relaxation. I still get up at my regular time most days and do check my emails. I have done almost everything electronically this year including my work. I feel like Sandra Bullock in the net. Who knew that I would be living like a recluse for a year? I had been so busy working that I had no time to write for fun which is what I am doing now. My brain juices have come alive with ideas and I am pleased that I can focus now on my book 4. If I could this full time, it would be a breeze, but I still like my full time job. It seems I have been designated to be in the service of others. I have been asked at book events if I write about therapy and I always say no. I see the disappointment on their faces. I am also asked if I write about spirituality and again I say no. There are so many books out there about these topics so do they really need me to do it? I love books written by Stephen King and Dean Koontz and remember the first time I introduced myself to their books. Each of the three books I have written have been different from each other. Now in the one I am writing now, I am adding a bit of therapy because I do try to keep my few fans happy. I write for fun however. So, I will try to give you tid bits of my third book on most days while I am on holidays. Once I go back to work however, which is 5 Jan 21, I shall go back to providing you with my study notes. I am of course behind but that is ok. As I record all my notes here in virtual everland, I destroy the paperwork. Please keep safe. Our numbers of COVID are going up and it will increase even more after the holidays. I cannot wait for the vacine and I have to admit if I was a politician I would be trying to get it out as fast as I could 24 hours a day. There would never be a two day vacation depriving anyone of having another loved one die. This has been a time where one person's negligence can cause the death of so many. Yesterday I heard on the news that 1 in every 1000 Americans has died from the virus. So sad. I look at my Disney ornament on my tree and think about my last vacation in the States. None of us expected this virus which would change our lives. Once the vaccine is available to all of us, we will be safer and it won't matter so much if others continue to ignore the seriousness of this disease. For now, I wish you all a Happy New Year. It will be better and soon. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment