Wednesday 3 May 2017

Update - pending workshops etc......The Internet Murders

I am pondering regarding trying to find an agent, traditional publisher or self publish again. I would say that in its self, can be a full time job which is why I always self-publish with a publisher I trust. I normally try one or two regular publishers and then submit to what I am comfortable with. I should probably try to find something before I complete my work. Also, some want you to wait for six months for a reply. Really? That can take me a life time. Others want to be the first you have submitted your work to. Than there are those who are rather rude. When I submitted my second finished work to a publisher in Toronto I got "I'll pass" as an answer. Of course I keep all the info and never send the rude ones another manuscript. However, I do not give up and I suggest for those of you with a passion do not either. This week I have attended a FSNA meeting and I encourage all Federal retirees to join their respective branches. I am the Assistant Benefit Health officer in Toronto. Though I do not believe in volunteering, I sure do a lot of it. This is one of my projects since it was time to give back. This week I will also be attending another Grief seminar. I have written about grief before and will be giving you an update next week. I live in an amazing city where all the education, seminars etc....are here in abundance so it makes it harder to leave. Last year at the same Grief seminar there was a woman attending from South America. I find it amazing that one attends a seminar for a morning from another country and that is because for me it is a simple drive. Next week I will also be attending a five week (2 hour weekly) work shop regarding aging and memory. It has been over ten years since I took such a course as part of my undergrad degree so I am curious to see if there are any changes or updates. This course is open to everyone regardless of education and it brings me back to my undergrad university. It is always nice to see people I know there. I am also taking a weekly crafts workshop at a community centre that I love. Balance is important in life. I have a rewarding career where I help people and self care is very important. So, I hope you consider finding a hobby you enjoy, learning something new, and spend time with people. Isolation is not healthy. If you are unhappy in your work, perhaps it is time to look for something new,if you can. What do you think? Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment