Monday 22 May 2017

Nice Long weekend

I did not look at my emails until this morning and that is quite an achievement. I am all caught up and I decided to write my weekly blog for you and then just take the rest of the day off to finish off the long weekend. Due to the ugly day outside, I have decided to stay home and spend it with my little family. Next weekend is Doors Open and I want to spend the better time of the weekend checking out what I have not seen yet. Last weekend I again went to Niagara Falls and the best part was sitting on a rock watching the roaring of the falls with my elderly war veteran buddy who is now 97. He is getting more frail after suffering a fall. I marvel at all the people who have come into my life only enhancing my appreciation for all I have and have known and continue to know. As you know by now, Niagara Falls is one of my loves and I continue to watch the market there for something I want. It has to be near the falls or clifton hill so I can continue to see people. Some like to escape people however, I thrive in the company of others. Being social is very important for people, however some do not know that. I also need a home office that would be accessable to all. I have never really worked from home aside from my writing so that would need a good security system. Still, the problem is that I frequent conferences, eduational institutions and etc and the best is right where I am. So, I continue to discern while watching the market. Friends is a no brainer. I have a work partner there I have known for years. I also know that people would love to come and visit and that is something I also need to consider. I would like to have a private area for guests. Yet, I do not want to become a slave to a home. Of course there is that dream of a pool. So, that is it. Throw in a sun room and nice porch I can grow old into and I am a happy camper. Aw, to dream! I am actually quite happy with my present life so it is always nice to just have fun. This weekend has been nice too. Yesterday I just chilled, watched movies, ate etc...with tiny family. Saturday I was on a retreat all day. It was rather long and I don't think I would repeat the day with only one speaker. I have seen him several times before and have bought and read his books but a full day is too much. I took notes during the morning session but in the afternoon he just related history with his personal views and I became confused with what could be superstitious. It is for that reason that I am not naming him since he is very popular and well known. What I also found quite annoying was that he was getting information from his cell phone. I think at least one course on how to use tools while lecturing would would be beneficial. I did buy a book by another author, by Fr Gabriele Amorth with Stefano Stimamiglio. Fr Gabriele is a renowned exorcist in Rome. I just finished reading a Paterson book which I believe was a movie that I had watched. I am taking a memory and aging program at York University for five weeks which is only several hours long once a week. I have three more weeks to go and then I will give you some tips. I studied this in undergrad and what was said in one lecture is being spread out to 10 hours. I keep forgetting what I take for granted as common knowledge is not for everyone and so need to be cautious of that. I am also making crafts once a week (when work permits) for a senior community centre which is sold with everything profiting the seniors. Now I am off to just play today and back to seriousness tomorrow - maybe. Have a nice week and if you ever have questions to ask, do not hesitate. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment