Sunday 6 September 2015

Self care is important - Have fun this holiday weekend

I did work this long weekend but it was very limited because the focus was fun and a few other minor details. It is lots of swimming, a bit of Starbucks coffee (I am still waiting for the one near me to open, as promised. Summer is almost over guys) and sailing with a few lunches thrown in here and there. I went to the ex as well and that is something I recommend for all tourists. Don't forget to see "Show Dogs" and the Ice Show. I must admit I have been enjoying my summer and soon it will be serious work, serious conferences and serious fun. Enough of being serious. I have still to return to my third book because life happens, but my desk and white board is waiting. I have different coloured pens ready to list my clues. I think I shall begin from the start and this time record my clues and characters a bit differently. It is all in my head right now and scattered on notes. Will I need more than one board? Maybe, but I see that they are still at Costco. A bit more reading for one of my volunteer positions to advance a student and a bit of catch up for some more paperwork and still I should be preparing a proposal for one of my books, mainly my second but thinking of a way to squeeze in my number 1 and then it is back to my book. I like to write when I am fresh as soon as I wake up. My brain is more alert then and so if I am doing other important stuff, then well I have to give it priority. But, enough of work and hobbies. It is time to enjoy my weekend. I suggest you do the same. A balance of work and play is so important. If you have struggles in your life do not hesitate to contact me. Oh, I have been asked to be a regular on some internet radio show. Though I have said that I will do no more volunteer work numerous times, I cannot say no to a friend, nor to where veterans are concerned. So sometimes, situations change and then we need to re-think our priorties. What do you think? Have fun guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment