Thursday 3 September 2015

Word On The Street coming where I shall be signing and selling my books. Why not come and visit? 27 September 15! & back to gym update

I cannot believe how fast my life is racing. I barely blink and summer is over though our Mayor keeps thinking it is mid summer. It must be the hot weather. Anyhow, with the ending of summer comes "Word On The Street". This year it will be held at the Harbour Front. I think it is a wonderful location since it is one of my favorite spots in Toronto. I will be at Booth 180, East of the Amazon.ca Best Sellers. Note that I said East (from) of Best sellers. So, if I know you please bring me coffee, black, no sugar. Parking will probably cost a fortune. I have been coming to this event since I wrote, "Hey Guy Buy Me." I noticed at my last street sale that people were buying my first book rather than my second. It could be the cost. However, I make more money selling Hey Guy Buy Me than my second which I don't really break even since I fired my first editor and returned to my publisher. I like her because I trust her and she is honest so there are no surprises. I would love to have my books in stores but it is too costly. Last night I had a dream that I was given a writers grant and I was so excited as I could then afford to have my books sent to book stores. Oh well, it is nice to dream and I didn't realize that I was so excited about having that happen. Our dreams do bring out what lays below the surface. Oh well, grant or no grant, I can still write what I like and find an audience. I have my two fans and so I am sure that I shall sell them each a copy of my second book. If it took ten years for Stephen King's son to be recognized as a writer (without letting on who he is) it should take me 20. I am ok with that because I do love what I do. I have spent most of my summer replanning my businesses, my advertizing, my professional development. I really like what I am doing. Actually, I really love what I am doing and feel that it is a gift that I can be doing it. I have such a joy of life as I ponder what I can do next. I have also since my trip to Montreal returned to the gym. While in Montreal, my cousin has a huge mirror in the bedroom that becomes mine when I am there. I noticed meat where I had not noticed it before and wondered who was inhabiting my body. At home I have a small mirror that focuses on my face so I can scream each year on my birthday and then get over it. I am getting older, like fine wine. However, for the last seven years I have been sitting and sitting and sitting. I sit when I type on my computer which monopolizes a lot of my time and I certainly sit with my clients. Can you imagine me standing and hovering over people? Of course not! Career kill! So, though most of my life has been spent outdoors and moving, when school became full time and my third career became a reality, I sat and sat and sat, so viola, excuse my French, I saw a body that I did not recognize. So, it is back to the Health Club and of course as I was once told, "The bodi, it does not forgit." And, as my neighbour likes to say, "eegiot" Yes, I have been. I have been so focused about getting my businesses on board that I have forgotten the importance of movement. So, it is a real treat for me because I love the water and I do like to exercise. I have tried to stop meeting too many people at bakeries for get togethers and I have stopped storing too many treats. Now, do not get the wrong idea. I do love myself very much. I do not think I look awful. I think I am very attractive especially for my age like fine wine. So, for you people who may have a bad impression of your bodies, get a full length mirror and tell yourself while in the nude how beautiful you look each day. Remember to eat well and exercise moderately to keep healthy. Spend time treating yourself. You deserve it. So come and visit me at the Harbour front on the last Sunday of September and buy one of my books, if you haven't already. Have a nice week.

No comments:

Post a Comment