Friday 28 June 2013

It is the holiday weekend. What will you do?

 love holidays.  Just give me a reason to celebrate!  That is me.  For others it is frustrating, fun, exciting, demoralizing.........Do I really need to go on?

     I am at a very good place in my life.  I love my office and if the rain does not continue, I would love to bring another bookshelf to the office tomorrow.  My car has resurrected and since the repair was under warranty I did not have to spend extra.  Now, the question is, can I fit my bookshelf in the car?  Tomorrow, I shall find out.  If not, can I drag it to the office?  Tomorrow I shall find out. 
     I want to spend one day painting at home.  I have everything I need except for the humidity and rain to cease.  I don't want to paint with the windows closed and the air going.  Air conditioning is no longer a luxury, it is a necessity.  
     What I would like to do is see the fireworks during Canada Day.  They have a tall ship downtown that will bring you out and you can watch the fireworks.  I have not done that yet, mainly because I am the only one who wants to do that.  Oh well, it is all about compromise.
      So, I have lots planned to do as well as one night of entertaining.  But that will be open to speculation.  If I lived closer to Niagara, I would drive to the other side on their day.  The U.S.A knows how to party on their 4 Jul.  I spent two festivities with them, one in Norfolk, and another at Disneyworld.  Both were wonderful.  I loved the patriotism and sometimes wish I could see more of that here at home.  Oh well.  Now it is back to my papers.  I have already submitted one which has been approved and now I am working on my second.  It is really nice being able to transfer all my paperwork to the office.  It also serves in my favour to be able to accommodate walk ins.
       I wish you all a wonderful weekend.  Take some time today to reflect how and if you celebrate.  What does a holiday mean to you?  Does it please you?  Does it upset you?  What kind of memories does it stir?  Why not begin a diary of reflection?  What do you think?
Happy Canada Day

No comments:

Post a Comment