Friday 2 February 2024

TGIF

For those who do not know what TGIF means, it is "Thank God It's Friday". This trying to balance everything is causing me more work. Having fun is important, focusing on my continuing education is imperative, therefore important, seeing clients of course is my priority and therefore important, my seminars with the Sisters of Crime is of interest and therefore important, and now there is the Crime writers of Canada and The Independant writers also of interest. This week I had too much interests. One night I went to bed at 830 pm and slept an entire 10 hours. I never do that. Maybe less party hardy, can't drop the gym, so I am going to slow down just a tad. There is a backyard and homeshow in Mississauga which I considered, however, I am going to pass and wait til the Homeshow comes to Toronto. I have found the Home Show in Toronto somewhat boring the last two years but now that COVID appears to be under control, I am hoping for a comeback of more vendors and exciting events. I actually had a thought of going as a vendor myself, but decided it is too expensive. Today I have an interesting 1.5 hour of siblings' seminar. I just received the slides and know it will be great. The slides I won't be sharing with you because first, I don't think I will have permission to do so and second, it is only the sub topics which will be discussed. However, of course I shall share my notes as usual. My book "Ominous" is completed. I have decided the charge for each book to be $24.95. That is because my publisher uses expensive paper (the environment). Then there is the continuous rise in transportation fees etc.....But, it was my brain that thought it up, I wrote it all by myself without any help from IT. So, I am worth it. I don't know what the cover looks like at this moment, but I am never disappointed. Book Covers are important and some will buy books because of the enticing covers. I think I sell well at shows is because of my charm. I have to catch up on a few things so I won't get to talk to you until Tuesday. Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment