Friday 23 February 2024

Thoughts of the week - Yikes, Holy Terror would say

It's been a full and balanced week. A Canadian Legion in Woodbridge (I believe)was shut down because a motorcyle club was attending. Unbelieveable! I don't think they should have shut it down. I think, the gang should have been asked to leave and all those responsible for dealing with this matter fired. I almost said terminated, but that may have been misunderstood. I need to ensure I have the right hat on when speaking. Also, we have had more positive news this week. There was a family of three generations of Muslims going for a walk in a city outside Toronto and the suspect apparently had been radicalized by some white supremecy group and he has been labelled and judged as a Terrorist and is going to jail for a very long time. Networks need to work with the police, monitor their websites and report these misguided misfits who believe white is supreme. We need a bit of work but we are moving in the right direction. I ordered engraved pens to give out at a health fair and I am quite pleased with them. I think I will continue to order them. It has a pretty picture of me on it and I may start placing them with my book sales. I was hoping I would have "Ominous" but my publisher went on a well deserved holiday so I still have to wait. I am doing well with my paperwork. I am not quite caught up, but better than in a long time. This is a work in progress. I am still looking at MLS for real estate in Niagara Falls and every once in a while, I am tempted but I look at my 21 year old Mr Attitude and recognize my responsibility to him. Poor boy, wouldn't survive the trip. Or would he? Naw. I am in no rush and am enjoying my time with the little guy. He will be my last pet for a while. I really want to catch up on my travels. I do miss that. Our government is working hard to gain votes. I think that this should be a constant. The leader of the Federal Conservative is trying to look better for women, because he seems to be lacking our support. After Trudeau split up with his wife, the Conservatives did a cheap commercial ad promoting the Conservative leader as a family man, married to an immigrant from somewhere (I have been hearing that a lot). Are we not all from somewhere. He was also promoting himself as an ole Canadian boy who loves or loved hockey yuada, yuada. Ho also tried to make himself look more like Trudeau. He got a better hair cut and started wearing better clothes, but he didn't quite make the cut. He also got rid of his glasses. However, he still has the same rigid mannerism and speech. Ask him what terrorism is and you will be amused. Anyhow, I also had a female liberal politician come to my home for browny points. She identified herself as a mother of two children. I pondered and then asked her what qualifies her as a politician. The last time I checked I didn't think that being a mother, well that depends on your definition, was a qualifying factor. However, when I challenged the qualification, she got into some serious business. Since she is the only politician who came to my home and tried to convince, I shall probably vote for her. These politicians obviously take a lot of advice to promote themselves, but some need more help. Maybe actually doing some hard core work will help. So, Mr Attitude is calling for me to tell him how wonderful he is. I also badly need a coffee. Have a wonderful weekend. I intend to. Good talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment