Friday 9 February 2024

Thoughts of the Week

This morning I was watching the news and I read that President Biden had lashed out at some committee for questioning him about his son, who had died, in relation to probing Biden's memory. Then I saw something on Facebook with some post questioning Biden's memory. We are in the age of nothing is like it seems especially on Face book, so I disregard most of what I read on social media. I do not discount the news. My first impression of what I heard and read on my television about the President, is who are these people? Why would anyone think that they can question this man in such a manner. Just this week I attended a funeral service. It was here in Canada but the deceased had one daughter who served in the the U.S.A. military and a husband suffering very much after more than 30 years with his beloved wife. After, we all attended a marvoulous buffet. A person sitting next to me said that there is no greater suffering than the death of a spouse. I corrected the person. Nothing is worse than a parent suffering the death of a child. So, when I heard of this interrogation of a man, let alone the President, my first thoughts were this is unethical, uncalled for and cruel. So, later when the President lashed out saying how dare they, I agreed. There are tests available to determine the mental health and memory of a person. It is becoming tiresome, listening to politicians talk about what they know nothing about. It is not only politicians annoying me. Bell Canada which is not Canadian, the last time I checked is laying off many people. This isn't the first time they have done that. They own the news station as well, CP 24. They are eliminating many positions and one government called them out. They said that they have to do this because they are losing money. The politician said they are making millions or billions. I believe it was the latter. Don't forget that the objective now is to make trillions which is about ten years away. So, more people will have no work because of greed. Also, this week some councellor in Pickering which is about a half hour drive outside Toronto was questioning Black History Month. She thinks it should be eliminated or changed to History month. The Mayor has questioned this as hate and is furious. The province is changing what it is going to teach. It wants to start teaching about the Holocaust and also about the contribution of what the Black community has brought to Canada. I would go further than that and think it should be contributions globally and the suffering. What I don't understand is that I learned all this in grade school. I was a child and remember learning about how horrible all this was. Why did they stop? Why do we have such an ignorant society? During the attack and kidnapping of Israeli's by Hamas there was controversy about what a politician with the Provincial NDP party wrote on social media - Anti semitism was obvious. She was called on it, silenced and given the boot. I agreed with the results. When the Terrorists (such worms)kidnapped and killed so many innocents and sent video's to their parents so they could watch them die, I wondered how anyone could think that it is ok. It is not. I also thought, they picked on the wrong country and knew so many innocent people would die. That is a big problem. Innocents, especially children die needlessly. What we are killing are children who will never have the opportunity to be the next Einstein, doctor, parent etc....We are killing needlessly. Then we have Russian, again a canidate has recently been rejected in Russia as a candidate because he wants to stop the war. I won't even talk about China or North Korea, or Iran and all these terrorists sponsored of course from nasty leaders. Then I heard on the news how we as a planet have reached the 1.5 threshold of global warming. Again, leaders have failed and this time, unless something changes drastically, our planet will retaliate. Someone some time ago told me that I think everyone is stupid. I do not. Nor, do I think intelligence is most important. Give me the choice to converse with someone who is kind or a genius, I choose kindness. However, when I see the greed, need for power and the manipulation of people for self fullfilling drives, that is not in the best interest of the world, I may give that impression. My dream is of peace. We should all be working together to achieve that. We should unite and instead of making weapons, we should be working on saving this lovely planet. We need to take better care of each other and stop all this hatred that I am seeing all too often. It has been positive in my work and private life. I am so happy with my book "Ominous". I see people healing all the time. Mr Attitude keeps me laughing. So, what am I going to do this weekend? I am going for a massage, going to get my hair done, have a nice meal, finish reading a good book and enjoy my life. Why not be nice to at least one person this week whom you normally find annoying. What do you think? Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment