Thursday 31 August 2023

Nazi Uniform selling for 6,500 pulled from antique mall in Ontario

I posted the link but for some reason I cannot see it, so I will just talk about it. I read the caption on the news this morning. I had to look it up and was amazed that it is in the town of St Jacobs. If you recall, I posted a picture of a horse and buggy when I was there. The link is https://globalnews.ca/news/9929039/nazi-uniform-ontario-antique-market. Now apparently this is the second time the town wanted to sell a Nazi item. It was at a different store in 2015. I for one will never step into this store. I am not a Jew, however, I have visited some camps which should remain erect so that we can recognize and feel the horrors of what happened. I mention how the tears kept flowing without me crying in my bio. www.silvaredigonda.ca Perhaps we need to make it law that only Holocast museums/organizations should have these items for educational purposes. Why would anyone want to spend 6,500 for this? I can just imagine. However, the storekeeper meant no harm. I for one, will never, ever walk into that antique shop. That is just me. I find it disturbing that anyone thinks this is ok, making profit of what has hurt so many people. History cannot be obliterated, I believe the shop keeper indicated. I agree. However, this is a different topic. This is making a profit from that history that killed so many people. See the difference? Of course one will say anything to justify actions. St Jacob's is a pretty town. Let's keep it pretty in spirit as well. We need to stomp out all this Nazism, white supremacy nonsence at the root, because this is still going on. St Jacobs is a tourist town. It should remember that. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment