Tuesday 15 August 2023

My Toshiba product. Did you know?

I was wondering what I was going to talk about today. More theology? Not today, perhaps later in the week. Psychology? Not today, planning seminars for October. IA intelligence? Not today. I have notes, but am in a sluggish mood. Why? Because it is muggy out and I turned off the air conditioning so I can get some fresh air in here since it will be my last day of bearable weather. Who knew it would make me sluggish? It could be the dampness or rain or both. Yup. I blame it on the weather. Or, can it be because I increased my exercises? YUp. Or can it be because I am simply tired? Yes, that’s it. I knew I could figure it out. So, what do I do when I am feeling sluggish? Complain of course. About politics? Not today. That is too much. I will tell you about my shopping experience. That’s it. I went to Home Depot and bought a “Smart” dehumidifier. They didn’t have much of a selection, so I bought the cheapest at $238.00. I do buy Japanese but do not buy Chinese, remember. I try not to buy anything from countries that spy on us. Guess what? A quick web check indicates that Japan sold 95% to China. Really? Anyhow, it is working quite fine. It is cute as well. I tried to register it on line with an American Company which allows you to register the product within 30 days. But, there is one little problem. It won’t let me register from Canada. I tried several times but it just won’t let me. So, I send an email to Toshiba and I am told by Singapore that I cannot register my product from Canada. So, I give it a few days because I am annoyed. So, today I examine all the paper work and call the States where the product was shipped from, I suppose. My call is answered and it is automated and asks how was my experience from 1 to 5. I give them a 1 because there is no zero. Then I am asked if the agent helped me and solved my problem. Guess what I gave them. Then I am asked if I would recommend the product. Care to guess again? Then it allows me to speak for 30 seconds and so I quickly tell them what happened and how I never got to talk to an agent and I was going to try one more time. I did and viola, I get an agent. What’s more she is efficient and professional with a tad of an accent and not American. I am talking to West Caldwell, NJ. Hey, maybe it is an American accent. What do I know? Unless they are far, far South, I can’t quite be sure. Naw, I can tell when it is Brooklyn. Enough already. I do love the American accent. It doesn’t have to be too south. I hear it in New York, as I said. So, I am assured as I give her all the info she requests that I am registered for my one year warranty. I only had to say the numbers and letters once and she was able to repeat it all correctly the first time (except for my email). That does not happen here people. I have to repeat and repeat and repeat. So, for that part I am impressed. However, I should have been able to register on line. How hard is it to put Canada in there and province? I mean I am buying a product from my American neighbour. It should be easy. The next day after I bought my product, I went to Canadian Tire and guess what? They had a much cheaper dehumidifier. Did I learn from this shopping experience? Yup. Will my dehumidifier last? Probably - but if not I will let Home Depot deal with it. I feel almost fully awake. I do want to talk about Artificial Intelligence. Some good stuff came my way from a session in the good all USA. Now, normally I find Americans quite fun but this time I was having fun and I was about the only one. They were such a serious bunch which is new to me. One asked the question what would I (meaning the world) want to see in the future from Artificial intelligence. I typed out “the perfect man” in the chat line. Guess what? Not one chuckle. Come on, isn’t that funny? Imagine the perfect man. Oh well. Good Talk. Mr Attitude is bugging me for food again. This guy eats like you wouldn’t believe and he has constant dry food, but no he wants gourmet food at least once a day and my choice for him twice a day (wet food). That doesn’t even count his treats. He’s 21 and eats for twice his size and attitude. You know what? I have a huge, and I mean huge beautiful dog, who moved in next door and she demands treats from me too. I am being controlled by the animals in my life. Help! Anyhow, it is coffee time. That might just do the trick. Later. Oh, today I asked Alexa if Artificial Intelligence is going to take over the world. She assured me that she is only trying to help. She does a good job too. The sun is coming out.......I am awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment