Monday 26 June 2023

Voting Day in Toronto today and Fairbanks Summerfest

Well, one of the beauties of living in a democratic society is voting for whom we want. We have 102 people wanting the Mayor's spot and a dog is somewhere in there. I will be so glad when this is over because all I have been hearing about is who to vote for, who endorses who etc....It will be nice to take a break. Many people do not vote and that is too bad. People in history have struggeled to be able to vote and that should never be taken for granted. My attitude is whoever wins - wins. Good or bad. I do hope that there will be a revision to future possibilities of being a Mayor. Right now it appears that anyone, criminal, animal, discontent etc....can apply. We should have some qualifications, perhaps an IQ test. This weekend was full of festivities in Toronto and this time I chose the Fairbanks Summerfest. It was full of children and it was difficult not to walk over one. They had lots of free rides, free popcorn and other free items. This is the Toronto I love. I was also going to go to a community BBQ but by then the sweat and heat was too much. So, I bought lots of ice cream to bring home. I have posted a photo of a 1988 police car next to a current one. Ignore the lady in the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment