Tuesday 3 January 2023

Mayor John Tory does not disappoint. My voting wish accomplished.

During lunch break I watched our Mayor speak on the news and was pleased. He said that the people of Toronto do not want their taxes to increase and he will keep it below inflation. Next, he said that he has raised the funding for the police. Yes!!!!!!!! He will not, as some groups request defund the police. I blame the reporters of giving those groups a voice making them sound bigger than they are. We need responsible reporting. Those days where you got a rise out of people to fuel two opposing groups should be over. We have had five police Officers killed in Ontario in what - a month? I grew up in Toronto when it was Toronto the good. I saw police everywhere and they were not to be feared. That is of course if you had nothing to hide. I remember the killing of a policeman when I was very young and our entire city mourned. We had our problem areas and knew to stay clear from them. This has changed throughout the decades and I sat and watched my beautiful city grow but also saw crime rise which needed to be addressed and wasn't. I know that there is a criminal element always causing fear of police so that the victims they prey upon do not report crimes. If they can make the police look worse than themselves they have the opportunity to reign. I would like to think those days are coming to an end. I want to see more police in my neighbourhood so that the riff raff find another city to torment. I want my beloved city back. So, those are my two cents worth today. The police are always welcomed here for a coffee and should I say donut? Have a good safe day. Tomorrow is the funeral for a young policeman in Barrie who had just finished his probation on the day he was killed by a man and woman known to the police. He had been on bail what twice for guns and violence? He had skipped out on his bail and so when this OPP Officer on his first time alone went to help him to get out of a ditch, he was shot to death. This young man had his entire future ahead of him, he was an asset to his community and he would have been able to give so much. We do need changes. To any police person out there, thank you so much for protecting me to the best of your ability. Coffee is on me anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment