Friday 20 January 2023

For Love of Country - Military Policewoman www.silvaredigonda.ca

I stopped the vehicle, waiting for the only traffic light in the small town to change. A monstrous-looking black pickup truck moved quickly to the rear of us. A powerful horn began to sound and its engine began to rev, the driver oblivious to the red light. “What’s wrong with the idiot?” Chris shouted in his attempt to overpower the loudness of the truck. “He doesn’t like stopping for lights!” I responded. As the light changed to green, I proceeded at normal speed. The truck continued to cling to the Chevy and darkness prevented us from seeing the driver, who began to brake and accelerate, causing his truck to jerk powerfully. Away from the town, I gained speed. There was no other traffic on the highway, but I was not accustomed to driving without the lighting that the city provided. The truck veered back and forth between lanes. He was trying to force us off the road… and then what? “Hold on!” I exclaimed. Everyone was silent. I increased speed rapidly and moved to the other lane. The driver of the truck remained in his lane, but attempted to drive parallel to us; I increased speed and veered to the right. He had no choice but to drive off into the ditch or collide with the Chevy. He chose the ditch. Excerpt From: Silva Redigonda. “For love of country : military policewoman. silvaredigonda.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment