Monday 27 June 2022

Pastoral Counselling notes and a few comments here and there and got idea for fifth book (www.silvaredigonda.ca)

I was going to post a video from a seminar I attended last week but I can't find it on line and no link was sent yet if ever, so in case it eventually can be found, it is the Scholar's Hub, The latest United Nations Report: Accelerating the Energy Transition, Environmental Studies at York University. Now back to notes. Why not begin with Emotional Focused Psychology? The first goal is access and represses through emotional response. 2. Create new recreational events that redefine the relationship. Adult bonding - attachment theory - what and how we can go wrong with attachment. Emotional Focused Therapy - understanding the emotion to secure bonding. Emotionally more open to create safety. Then when panicked, can open to the feelings and communication. Name - Aim - Claim. Cognitive/limbic system. Provide secure attachment so healing can take place. Normally there is 8-9 sessions for couple emotional therapy. Feeling question: How do you feel? Book recommendation: Hold Me Tight (I read it). I am going to stop here because most of this is actually the art of working with people. Since most of you who read my blogs are not therapists, I won't bore you with this. However, I have given great thought of what people have been asking me to do, who have read my books in the community, that is writing from the lens of a psychotherapist. So, though I have been reluctant to do this, I have decided that my next book, after Ominous is published, is to write a murder serial killing mystery of course which involves a psychotherapist as a protaganist, a woman at that, whose assistant is a gay man. I will not call him secretary. Mention it? Maybe? How does that sound? When I was at Word on The Street, there were many gay men who approached me, but I didn't seem to have anything to offer them. They want to see themselves represented as everyone does, so here goes. I'll let you know how it goes here and there without giving too much away. I am always willing to hear feedback. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment