Wednesday 1 June 2022

It's Voting time in the city. Who did you vote for?

Tomorrow night I'll be watching to see who wins the next Provincial election ? Will it be our present Ford? Will it be the green party? Will it be the NDP? Will it be liberals? It should be interesting. I actually voted last week. It was bare. I suggested they should give out free sandwiches and coffee as a motivation to vote. I said that it was what I would do if I was a politician. As I approached the table and displayed my ID a man walked over to me, looked at my picture and said I haven't changed a bit. His remark was not lost on me, though he thought it breezed over my head. Normally, I am asked for a driver's license but the young man recognized me. Did I mention I have turned blonde again? I then made a remark about how I couldn't wait until the voting season was over, since I have to look at a huge sign on my neighbour's lawn each time I leave the house, either it is sitting out front drinking my coffee or watering the grass, I keep seeing that smile. I think it my case it's effect is the opposite it is trying to create. I am trying not to look. I tilt my head here and there and still the smile peaks through. It's not a bad smile, a bit over the top. I can imagine the photographer. "You're beautiful. Yeah you are the next leader of Ontario, yeah look up, yeah let's look at the pearly whites yeah, open your mouth a bit, no close it a bit, yeah! Gotcha ya." The politician is smiling away like it's New Years Eve. I shall be celebrating when all I have to look at is the birds and trees plus the traffic of course. Not that I have anything against the politician, but I need a break from office. "ZZZZTTTT" the young man warns with his boyish good looks and playful manner who reminds me of my elementary teachers about to give me detention. I am about to open my mouth again when he once again speaks in the foreign language, "ZZZZZZZTTTTTTT." My eyes wide with the expression ooops, my bad is expressed behind my mask. The masked woman, going to vote and no one but me is in the hall. He gives me my voting card and I go to the booth and scroll down to see who I am voting for. "Oh, there you are" me thinks quietly. I then walk over to another table where my prize possession is scanned and deposited. I thank everyone and I am also thanked for the entertainment. As I leave, the host tells me that next time she will have a coffee and sandwich for me. I am delighted and thank her. After that episode, I decide that I need to get out more, so last Sunday I was in Niagara Falls. I love that place and always feels like I am going home. Wierd, since Toronto is home. I see the Freedom Convoy being loud as they drive along the road passing the falls. They have vulgarity about a politician printed on their trucks. I wonder how the Mayor of Niagara would handle it if they tried to take over Niagara Falls. It must be nice complaining about the lack of freedom while creating so much noice you can't hear the falls roar. It must be nice complaining about the lack of freedom when having F--- Trudeau spelled out incorrectly. I wonder how Putin would deal with that in Russia? It doesn't matter who you vote for. People are always complaining even those who do not vote. So, vote and have a voice where it counts - the power of the x on a form. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment