Friday 25 February 2022

Putin invading Ukraine is shameful

I remember my mom telling me about my grandmother in Switzerland crying while she listened to the news about Hitler and what was happening at the onset of war. That is what came to my memory as I felt a tear rolling down my face as I watched the bombing of Ukraine. Last night there was a protest at City Hall with Ukraine Canadians and supporters. They were suffering. Then there was a Russian citizen being interviewed in Toronto and she was visibly shaken with the horrible attacks on Ukraine. She said she was ashamed. Shame is something I hear alot from people in my work. They suffer shame which is normally misplaced. The shame belongs to those who abuse. In my home town Toronto, we have people living here who come from all over the world. We live relatively in peace. There are always those who threaten that peace and that is why we need to be united in caring for each other. There are Russians protesting as well in their native land and we must be mindful that all people suffer when there is dictatorship. When there is an invasion we must do our best to unite to prevent this because it is the right thing to do. We need to be mindful that we do live in dangerous times. Our democracy is probably most threatened during these days. It is fragile and so many have died to protect that freedom. During wars there is a habit of blaming all the people from the country attacking. I have seen the suffering of that as well. This is the actions of a dictator. Russia has suffered greatly by dictatorship. Forever the optimist, I believe that united we can destroy the actions of this person. I just hope we do it in time. Have a good weekend. Keep balancing your life as much as possible. Help others when you can. I am always in awe that in the most difficult of times, there are those who contribute so much as individuals coming together. What do you think? Next week I will like to talk a bit about black history month before it is gone and then continue with notes of seminars and my ethic notes. As I watch the snow falling, I know I shall have to go out and clear it. It is so pretty and pure when it falls. Too bad it does not clear on its own. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment