Wednesday 23 February 2022

Stop the planet, I will like to visit another for a holiday……

I recently had a friend of mine from Europe asking me what was going on in Canada in reference to the demonstrations. So, I explained the best I could. I informed her that what initially was a protest against vaccines from truckers, keeping in mind that 90% were vaccinated and working, had turned into trying to take over the city of Ottawa. Horns apparently were blaring throughout the night, stores and malls had to close because the protestors were apparently violent harassing the people who actually live in Ottawa bothering them for having their masks on, refusing to wear their own masks, harassing the LGBQ community etc… It sounds like they were acting like bullies, trying to take over a city, the capital no less and demanding changes to our democratic system. I watched on the news as protestors were attacking the police and one apparently threw a bicycle at the police horse (one of Toronto’s no less and now that is getting personal). I love my police horses. Of course the Prime Minister denied their request to come and talk to them or to change the law for the 10 %. During the first few days we had at least one member of the Conservative party supplying them with coffee (if I am a bad girl will you give me coffee and where are the donuts?). After three weeks of waking up Ottawa, and not letting them sleep, a city I once lived in for three years because of my work which wrapped up at 7pm each night at that time, decided to legally take action. Where were the police? Well, one citizen complained about getting a traffic ticket. Ok, I am adding comedy so it doesn’t become too disheartening. The Police Chief resigned to the agreement of some politicians and it was acknowledged that with the current laws and lack of resources they had to bring out an emergency act so they could skip the long process of legal technicalities and then police officers came in throughout Canada along with my beautiful police horses from Toronto. Did I mention that once two casually galloped down my street? I was in the house and thought I heard horses. Of course they are not mine, anymore than my city is mine, but I like to think so. It is all perception, my city, my horses, my police, mine, mine, mine……..and that is what the protestors were saying ….However, perception and reality are a tad different. I know all about protests. I protested once in my life and that was when I was a teenager. They wanted to extend the school year two weeks into my summer holidays. I protested with my school mates and we walked down town boldly under the threat of getting a zero in my history class where I averaged over 90. I mocked my teacher when I told her that and complained. How could I get a zero? Of course that did not happen and the protestors thought they could take over a city - country? Well it didn’t turn out to be like the fiasco in Washington. No one got hurt or killed and I am thankful. We did have American flags in Ottawa with men/women riding their own horses (poor horses) and Confederate flags…..really in Canada? I also saw and heard a man mock our military and that we don’t have enough people. Now, it is not nice to mock our military even though some were apparently there shoving their medals into the face of the camera. Now, now, there are rules about that. You can wear them at funerals, at graduations but really, at an occupation? Shame, shame……That is not reflective of our military, unless times have changed and I don’t think they have that much. Of course what is given, can always be taken away….look at what happened to the Colonel who was a sexual predator and even killed a female Corporal for rejecting him. He is nicely placed in jail with medals stripped. Of course that is not the same thing, but what can be given, can be taken away. Now, apparently there were white supremacists amongst the protestors which is a concern and a no no. There was also a lot of money donated where the largest source came from Texas. Really? I believe the protest got about 10 million dollars which was frozen. We can’t have millions of dollars funding a take over, with white supremacists in the mix. Apparently though there were other funds and one politician from our Province in the Conservative department got fired for her spending the 100.00. Once the emergency act came into effect, there was no problem clearing up Ottawa. I won’t even get into the blockage of the borders and of course the copycatters in Europe who decided to take up their own cause and dance to Celine Dion’s music in New Zealand. Who thought of that? Of course the crowd will dance to the music. I would dance to the music in my living room of course. There is a show I like to watch called #22 minutes. Every week they make fun of the week’s events and people. I don’t always agree with them, who can? Look at our 10%. However, last night while I was watching the program and laughing throughout, they depicted Fox News. I was stunned that the reporter was announcing that Canada has given up our democracy and one woman also made a snide remark about Trudeau having his hair and make up done. I will not comment on her appearance because that will be factitious. However 22 minutes defended our Prime Minister by showing a picture of one of the previous President’s with his hair and make-up. Now children…..If you want a laugh I do suggest you watch 22 minutes at least once a week that they are on. That was the unlawful protest. Of course I did not say all that to my European friend because it took time for all that to happen. Now we have Russia’s leader acting up and trying to start a war that no one wants. Come on Russia, can’t you pick another leader? Oh sorry, you can’t. Putin keeps killing off opponents. Am I being facetious? So we have sanctions now going on to hopefully prevent any take over. I am not even going to start with North Korea or China. So, that is the way I saw the week and I didn’t even start with our own city. We had three children in a Toronto middle school, intimidate their French teacher by saluting and hailing Hitler. I thought that man was dead and went downstairs so to speak. The teacher was also a descendant of families of the Holocaust. We also have kids killing each other and one kid knifed a TTC driver for being challenged to pay his fare. Really? Then we had another TTC worker attacked at a subway, this time by an adult, all in the same week. So, you see I think this is all a good reason to take a break from my dying planet and see is there is another one out there that I can sneak on for an itsy break. What? No? Others are planning that with fundings? Fake news? Now on the bright side, I am very solution focused. For our own problem with what is happening in our schools, there does have to be a zero tolerance for any kind of bullying. They grow up and need to have that chance to be the best they can be. There is no room for hate and that needs to be investigated and dismantled. I have been naive thinking that as a society we have raised above pigmentation. When I was in elementary school, we were watching what happened in the concentration camps and I was horrified. In middle school, we studied the book, Black like Me. In grade seven, we had controlled debates. We learned about each other as people. We learned about communist countries and religion. What are they teaching now? I don’t have a clue. When I was in undergrad psych we were having an exam and a student was panicking because she had already failed twice and was concerned that she would fail again. I tried to calm her by saying stats was a nightmare for me too and that is why I was taking it last. This student was a teacher at a high school which was a last resort for students. It was a school she said for every school who could not handle them and gave them up. I wonder where this past student is now because I would love to talk to her to learn more. How successful was the school she was at? Was she ever frightened? How difficult were these students? What was their home life like? Was there a longitudinal study for these students and where they are at years later? There are so many possibilities for research. She did pass, of course, as I thought she would. So now I wonder about these white supremacy groups. Who funds them? Why are they allowed to continue in their hate? We seriously need a zero tolerance and enforcement of this. It needs to be publicized and identified. Why am I interested? Because it causes harm. Because some become powerful and if not identified, they continue like weeds. I would tell you more, but I cannot. Now the good stuff. Spring is just weeks away says this girl who has been grinning like a delightful school girl, at the snow falling early morning. The ice has been melting and it is no longer a challenge to take out the garbage. I have projects I plan to take care of when the weather warms, such as painting. I have finished my draft of my next book. If you want to buy one of my books or ebooks check out https://www.silvaredigonda.ca . I am also considering dabbing as a consultant world wide. I cannot provide therapy according to my college outside my province but I have learned from my peers that consultation world wide at say $400. an hour is quite acceptable. Some therapists are charging more for couple therapy than individual therapy. I don’t think I want to do that right now, even though I understand they are teaching that. For now, I want to enjoy my summer, take care of my clients, slow down, dance more, play with animals especially mine. Socialize as much as COVID permits me too and spend as much time as possible in the sun. Sun is that you? I have family members in Florida right now and the pictures I saw of the beach makes me want to drive right down. However, my car won’t make the trip and I have responsibilities that keep me here for now. Down the road……..swimming in the ocean sounds delightful. I shall find a way. Do I think we are a nation in trouble? No, not quite. We just need to work to make it the best we can do. Do I fear that the communist countries will take over? No, we won’t let that happen? Can we combat racism? Yup……What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment