Tuesday 8 February 2022

Health Care Workers seminar notes

10% of Canadians are Health care workers; 80% are women. Health care workers are 1.5 times more likely to be off work due to illness. U.S.A. studies demonstrates that 10% to 15%, in their life time will misuse substances. There are five stages of burn out according to De Hart, 2020) Stage 1: honeymoon enthusiasm Stage 2: onset of stress stagnation; Stage 3: chronic stress - frustration; Stage 4: Burn out/apathy; Stage 5: habitual burnout/intervention. Causes: Physical exhaustion, mental and emotional exhaustion. Among Canadian nurses (based on suggestions and trends [not research]) rates, reflect the general population, though misuse of narcotics could be higher among Canadian physicians, rates in par with or slightly higher than general populations. Misuse varies across specialties. There is a high burn out in Toronto Acute care. Health Care Workers are at increased risk for mental illness (Statistics Canada Survey, published feb 2021. 18,000 Health care workers were surveyed. 70% reported their mental health as somewhat worse or much worse versus prior to Mar 2020. 70% reported fair or pool mental health. I have signed up for another seminar regarding the health of our Health Care workers next month. I will bring you up with some of that data. Any errors are always mine and not those of the establishments. This week I shall be attending a talk about sex, love and addiction. Of course I shall be sharing my notes with you. Take care for now. I have finished my next book. I just want to review it one more time. Unfortunately I did not have as much time to work on it as I would have liked, but it is my hobby for now. I sold more in 2021 than 2020. If you are interested in buying any of my books or ebooks check out https://silvaredigonda.ca. I write for fun only.

No comments:

Post a Comment